Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

6% off manual flash unit for Canon/Nikon with YongNuo

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53544 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 10:36 AM

OK, Manual flash is not for everyone, but until i can afford multiple TTL speedlites and Triggers.... ; Anyway this may interest you.

The Yongnuo YN560-III is recently released and if you go via this lighting rumours website link below and use their code you get a 6% discount - its all in dollars so you won't know the exact price to the penny - but i think its a pretty good deal and just ordered one and a pair of RF603 Triggers ( one to trigger from the camera & one to fire a non Yongnuo speedlite remotely) all in for a bit under 80.

http://www.lightingrumours.com/yongnuo-yn560-iii-released-with-special-offer-for-readers-3266

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 22 Jan 2013 - 10:37 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jan 2013 - 10:36 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 10:44 AM

Bu99er, bought a mk2 just before Christmas!

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72152 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:25 AM

Looks like a great alternative to the 600EX!

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 7954 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 11:27 AM

56 on ebay cant complain at all.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 7:46 PM

If you want flash for manual off camera strobist stuff check out the charity shops, I got a box full for two or three quid a throw Smile

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53544 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2013 - 11:08 AM

UPDATE this arrived yesterday with a couple of RF603's i got as well - seems really super.
    - I love the flash wake up capability on the rf603 - means my canon 430 won't keep sleeping on me and needing a physical nudge.

Everything just seems to work well, but took me a bit to work it out with the 2 manuals but all seems good now. Part of the issue is that the rf603 transceivers only fire using the transceiver top test button when on camera and AFTER you have half pressed the shutter. So you cant test them without the camera connected!

But after that - as i say it just does what its told, I hid the camera behind a few brick house walls and could still fire the remote flash a good distance away.

I will soon order more rf603's and these may probably become my main triggers as my current one don't reliably let me go above 1/160.
    TTL can wait - I don't use it anyway.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72152 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Feb 2013 - 1:50 PM

Quote: Part of the issue is that the rf603 transceivers only fire using the transceiver top test button when on camera and AFTER you have half pressed the shutter. So you cant test them without the camera connected!

Really? Thats a pain when you want to set up and adjust lighting, using a light meter.

Thankfully, the RF602 trigger doesn't suffer from this issue.

Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    2 Feb 2013 - 8:15 PM

Yongnuo have certainly come a long way since the days of the crappy YN460 I have just reviewed the YN568EX for said website. If the 560 is as well made you'll have a solid light. Although I have heard that while the build is solid the internals might not be so top quality.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.