Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

6% off manual flash unit for Canon/Nikon with YongNuo

JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
22 Jan 2013 10:36AM
OK, Manual flash is not for everyone, but until i can afford multiple TTL speedlites and Triggers.... ; Anyway this may interest you.

The Yongnuo YN560-III is recently released and if you go via this lighting rumours website link below and use their code you get a 6% discount - its all in dollars so you won't know the exact price to the penny - but i think its a pretty good deal and just ordered one and a pair of RF603 Triggers ( one to trigger from the camera & one to fire a non Yongnuo speedlite remotely) all in for a bit under 80.

http://www.lightingrumours.com/yongnuo-yn560-iii-released-with-special-offer-for-readers-3266

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
22 Jan 2013 10:44AM
Bu99er, bought a mk2 just before Christmas!
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
22 Jan 2013 11:25AM
Looks like a great alternative to the 600EX!
22 Jan 2013 11:27AM
56 on ebay cant complain at all.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Jan 2013 7:46PM
If you want flash for manual off camera strobist stuff check out the charity shops, I got a box full for two or three quid a throw Smile
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2013 11:08AM
UPDATE this arrived yesterday with a couple of RF603's i got as well - seems really super.
- I love the flash wake up capability on the rf603 - means my canon 430 won't keep sleeping on me and needing a physical nudge.

Everything just seems to work well, but took me a bit to work it out with the 2 manuals but all seems good now. Part of the issue is that the rf603 transceivers only fire using the transceiver top test button when on camera and AFTER you have half pressed the shutter. So you cant test them without the camera connected!

But after that - as i say it just does what its told, I hid the camera behind a few brick house walls and could still fire the remote flash a good distance away.

I will soon order more rf603's and these may probably become my main triggers as my current one don't reliably let me go above 1/160.
TTL can wait - I don't use it anyway.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2013 1:50PM

Quote:Part of the issue is that the rf603 transceivers only fire using the transceiver top test button when on camera and AFTER you have half pressed the shutter. So you cant test them without the camera connected!

Really? Thats a pain when you want to set up and adjust lighting, using a light meter.

Thankfully, the RF602 trigger doesn't suffer from this issue.
Britman 8 1.7k England
2 Feb 2013 8:15PM
Yongnuo have certainly come a long way since the days of the crappy YN460 I have just reviewed the YN568EX for said website. If the 560 is as well made you'll have a solid light. Although I have heard that while the build is solid the internals might not be so top quality.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.