Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

70/200 is 2.8 and 24/70 2.8 Help please !

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    eyecandyau
    1 Jun 2011 - 6:01 PM

Today I was doing my first shoot with the Lastolite HiLite Background,the first image I was using my new Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM,and the 2nd image I was using my canon 24/70 2.8.Both were 1/200 at f8,the background at f16,model was standing at same distance from background.I know to reduce the glare on the model would be to move her away more from the background,but why is there so much glare from the 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II then 24/70 2.8 ? Camera is Canon 1D Mark 4,Thank you if any one can help !

link removed,against site terms and conditions

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 1 Jun 2011 - 8:05 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Jun 2011 - 6:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    1 Jun 2011 - 8:15 PM

Try only having one stop difference between the model lighting and the background lighting to see if that solves the problem.

Not really sure what you mean by "glare" though. Is the glare from the background or the model? Or do you mean "flare"?

Also, were you getting the same problems at both ends of the zoom range? (or at 70mm with one lens but not the other? )

Last Modified By User_Removed at 1 Jun 2011 - 8:16 PM
    jimmymack
    jimmymack e2 Member 3jimmymack vcard United Kingdom
    1 Jun 2011 - 8:50 PM

are you using flash lights through each side of the lasolite - if so the reason for the glare could be that you need to point these lights slightly toward the back of the inside of the lasoilite so when they are fired you are getting slighlty bounced light off the back. it is possible if the lights are pointing slightly toward the frot of the inside of the lasolite to create glare

User_Removed
    1 Jun 2011 - 9:25 PM

I would say you need F11 and F16 or F8 and F11 - personally not keen on the hilite but know people swear by them Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.