Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

70D new camera got to have it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jul 2013 - 5:56 PM

here

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Jul 2013 - 5:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeA
    MikeA  91156 forum posts England
    3 Jul 2013 - 9:29 AM

You sound like a marketing departments dream ........Why! It is not even full frame............. LOL

Last Modified By MikeA at 3 Jul 2013 - 9:29 AM
    peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123860 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jul 2013 - 11:23 AM

a clear cut case of shiny box syndrome, best of luck anyway ... Grin

ChrisV
    ChrisV  7727 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jul 2013 - 11:52 AM

I dunno - the sensor is possibly the most significant innovation to come out of the Canon labs in years. I think it's going to be far more important for their replacement of their M Series cameras than an OVF DSLR, but this does nontheless look like a very good camera.

Wrong format for me [I don't think there's enough advantage in APSc over m4/3 to justify the bulk (particularly with zoom lenses)], but it's good to see them genuinely developing their technology. Like all Canon kit these days, it is hideously overpriced on launch - but I just don't get all this automatic negativity.

oll1e
    oll1e e2 Member 755 forum postsoll1e vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jul 2013 - 5:18 PM

looks pretty good to me ,like chris says the sensor looks the bizz

lawbert
    lawbert  71696 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jul 2013 - 6:09 PM

Quote: A clear cut case of shiny box syndrome

Far FromWink

The specs are very impressive indeed, Same AF as the 7d which is widely considered to be better than the 1d IV, 7 frames a second, an impressive sounding new sensor, wifi.....need I go On!!
    And to be fair the price is pretty good for a launch price....When some production model reviews come out then we will see if its as good as it sounds on paper.
    If it is I shall be getting one purely on its merit....Not the shiny boxWinkTongue

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110188 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jul 2013 - 9:32 PM

I must admit that if I still shot canon my credit card would be twitching a bit in my wallet by now.
    If it works as well as its described it sounds like a real step up for a body of this price level
    (mind you, one of my buddies in the club as got the 1DX and that still exercises a dreadful fascination, even though I could neither afford it nor cope with the weight of the system these days - must stop reading about the new canon system developments Wink )

Last Modified By brian1208 at 4 Jul 2013 - 9:32 PM
    Steppenwolf
    5 Jul 2013 - 5:28 PM

I'd wait for the reviews. This new sensor, if I understand it correctly, seems to have every sensel divided into two - one for PDAF and one for the image. Given that Canon's recent forays into on-sensor PDAF have been less than successful and that this is obviously going to lose light collection capability I'd be very wary. Canon sensor technology hasn't been the greatest for several years.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    5 Jul 2013 - 7:03 PM

One of the UK magazines did a one-to-one comparison between this new Canon and the Nikon D7100 without even having laid a finger on the Canon. So I wouldn't place much store by the mag reviews Steppenwolf.

(PS - The Nikon won on everything except live-view AF)

petebfrance
    5 Jul 2013 - 9:20 PM

There's a description of how the new sensor works here:
    PhotoReview
    in theory there is no loss of light gathering capability because the split is active only when focussing, and the output of the two parts combined when taking the picture. Should look rather interesting in live view mode?

LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jul 2013 - 11:16 AM

The videos on DPR showing the AF in movie mode are very impressive, my 40d backup might be retired soon I suspect.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.