Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7D firmware

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 10:04 AM

no ones shooting you Coleslaw Smile, just be prepared for questions if you are going to give info Wink....

I have downloaded 7-zip as well now just to see if something was wrong with my winrar but the same thing is happening, it wants to open up in a FIR file opening software, never heard of FIR but there you go, learn something new every day.

I have to be honest i have never updated my cameras but this one i do want so possible i am doing something wrong.

I download no probs the file, then i try to open it and it in 7-zip it then tells me i need a software to view FIR files, any suggestions ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Aug 2012 - 10:04 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman
7 Aug 2012 - 10:08 AM

theres a message in the news section saying its released but thats going no where too think just forget bout it till next month haaa

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 10:09 AM

No Ian, you do no open the FIR file!
Just copy the FIR file into your card, pop that into the camera, go the the firmware info section, and do the update.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 7 Aug 2012 - 10:10 AM
robthecamman
7 Aug 2012 - 10:19 AM

wat ever it is its not on casnon uk site

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 10:21 AM

ah ok got it sorry Coleslaw not having done this before it's a brain ache lol.

emmaK22
emmaK22 ePHOTOzine Staff 353 forum postsemmaK22 vcard United Kingdom
7 Aug 2012 - 10:41 AM

We're getting in touch with Canon to find out why the update doesn't show up on their site. I'll let you know what they say.

ianrobinson
7 Aug 2012 - 10:50 AM

I can't do anything with that file, cannot copy or paste, I don't know what is going on here.

robthecamman
7 Aug 2012 - 11:25 AM

iv just range canon theyv sent firmware in email to me cheers

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 12:12 PM

Quote: # In-camera RAW image editing

Why would you want to do that ?

OK, you can check the image on the screen , adjust exposure, focussing / depth of field etc. then re-shoot with the new settings BUT to actually edit in camera, I do not understand that concept at all. Sad

emmaK22
emmaK22 ePHOTOzine Staff 353 forum postsemmaK22 vcard United Kingdom
7 Aug 2012 - 12:39 PM

It's now live, here's the link Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43821 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 1:15 PM

Thanks, Cole. Updated from v.1.2.5 to 2.0.0 and only took a couple of minutes.

Malc

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 1:16 PM

Good to know at least someone managed to do it.... LOL

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 2:36 PM

updated mine straight away no problems Grin

lawbert
lawbert  71701 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2012 - 3:50 PM

Nice One Cole and EmmaSmileWink
Ive been looking for this since the 1st of August!!Sad

As for anyone else Coles link to the Canon Usa Site is where updates etc always show first before

Im now getting 17 frames in burst mode using Raw and Large Jpeg before buffering....Previously it was buffering at 6 !!!

It should really have been like this straight from the Box!!....

I guess its such a big firmware update though that the 7d will current for a fair while nowWink

Cheers again....Im off after the Dragon Inflights with a couple of seconds shooting compared to about 3/4 second!!

Note to self....buy more cards!!

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
cheddar-caveman
7 Aug 2012 - 10:03 PM

The last time I did an upgrade I seem to remember I just had to download a file to my memory card, put it in the 7D and turn it on. I don't think you can do anything with the file on a computer?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.