Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7D firmware

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
cheddar-caveman
7 Aug 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've just downloaded the file from here - Canon Europe. I have 7D and Mac Air computer running OS-X

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EO...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Aug 2012 - 10:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cheddar-caveman
7 Aug 2012 - 10:39 PM

Further to the above - just unzipped the file - two files generated, PDF instructions and the camera file called 7D000200.FIR
Formatted CF card in the camera. Used a card reader and copied the 7D file onto the root directory of the CF Card.
Put card into camera, turned mode to and switched on camera. In menu selected firmware version . At "Update" screen pressed .
After about two minutes job done!
Worked a dream - thanks for this post notifying of the update. My firmware was 1.2.0 or similar so well out of date!
GrinGrinGrin

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 9:38 AM

Hi again,
got it done on my old computer at work where i have a cf card reader and OS on that comp is vista 32bit where as all others that did not work were on OS windows 7 64 bit

Very strange that, I just could not pull the file 7D000200.FIR across the the root directory both laptop and comp at home would not allow this operation for some odd reason yet work comp running vista was straight forward, saying that i did try to connect the card through the camer usb to get to the card, not sure if this was the problem or not, the one at work i took the cf card out of the camera and inserted it into the cf card reader i have with that comp and it worked fine.

Just a note for anyone else having issues.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 9:42 AM

I don't think you can do that via camera usb.
I think you have to do it via card reader.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 8 Aug 2012 - 9:46 AM
ijeanv
ijeanv  2 Belgium
8 Aug 2012 - 10:57 AM

Thanks a million, Cole, just upgraded my 7d from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0, using my Macbook Air and a card reader. Works like a charm. Smile

cheddar-caveman
8 Aug 2012 - 11:54 AM

Quote: I don't think you can do that via camera usb.
I think you have to do it via card reader.

Actually you can and the instructions are in the PDF that downloads with the FIR file.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2012 - 11:59 AM

Quote: Actually you can and the instructions are in the PDF that downloads with the FIR file.

I mean copy files to the CF card via camera USB.
The PDF showed how to update firmware via camera USB using EOS Utility.

I could be wrong though.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 8 Aug 2012 - 12:03 PM
cheddar-caveman
8 Aug 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ah OK, I agree!Wink

ckristoff
ckristoff  9938 forum posts Wales
8 Aug 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi Cole,

thanks for the news.

I'll get the update soon as I can.

I've always done firmware updates by connecting my 7D to the pc via USB. Same way I upload photos via EOS Utility. Couldn't get the hang of card readers, so don't use them.

Frank.

cheddar-caveman

Yes ckristoff, that is the easiest and quickest way to do them!Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.