Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7D Firmware update.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    cheddar-caveman
    22 Mar 2013 - 7:51 AM

Just noticed that there is a new update for the Firmware for the 7D - Version 2.0.3 which addresses the following:

1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera stops working when the auto power off setting takes effect.

2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the maximum number of images that can be captured in a burst may be less than the actual number displayed in the viewfinder.

3. Corrects some errors in the message displayed on the LCD screen when saving RAW images developed in the camera (these errors do not appear in the Japanese and Korean language displays).

So, is it always wise to run these updates every time? My 7D is already running Version 2.0.0

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Mar 2013 - 7:51 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2013 - 8:09 AM

I know of this update and not bothered personally, I don't see the need myself, I also run the 2.0.0 version and am happy with it.
    My images are not going to be affected so therefore i do not see the need.
    I think that some firmware updates are not worth the trouble and in my opinion this is one of them.

Last Modified By ianrobinson at 22 Mar 2013 - 8:10 AM
    robthecamman
    22 Mar 2013 - 9:08 AM

just spoke to canon there site has issue if anyone gotta problem with this download

GazzaG2003
    GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
    22 Mar 2013 - 11:12 AM

I updated to this firmware last year, the only physical change for me was the number of shots in the viewfinder it went from 17 to (I think) 26 before it hits the buffer (shooting RAW) which was nice as I shoot wildlife.

justin c
    justin c  104522 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2013 - 11:28 AM

Personally I would always install the latest firmware. It's only going to add improvements which is never a bad thing and it's hardly a major operation, just taking a couple of minutes at most.

cheddar-caveman
    22 Mar 2013 - 1:04 PM

So divided views as expected. My only concer ever when "updating" anything to do with computers is that it snarls the whole thing up and you're left with a problem. Also with this particular upgrade, as ianrobinson says, it has very little impact on my photography and as the old saying goes, if it aint broke don't fix it, so I think I'lkl give this one a miss for now.
    Cheers

justin c
    justin c  104522 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2013 - 1:26 PM

Quote: as the old saying goes, if it aint broke don't fix it, so I think I'lkl give this one a miss for now.

According to a topic you started very recently HERE, I thought it was broke!!!

cheddar-caveman
    22 Mar 2013 - 2:46 PM

No, it aint broke, I just couldnt understand why in manual focus I got two very different results between the back screen and the actual image. I still don't understand why this happens other than the back screen image has had a lot of sharpening before being displayed.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.