Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7D firmware update warning.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

glsammy
glsammy  7194 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2012 - 11:23 PM

Got to correct the above post. It was down to the idiot using the camera. I HAD missed something very basic. What a dim headed twit! Whilst changing the settings I'd switched off the AF function for the shutter. What I don't understand is how on earth I could look at that feature so often and not spot I'd switched it off!
I blame my medication!SadWink
My apology to H. Lehmann.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Mar 2012 - 11:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

glsammy
glsammy  7194 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2012 - 11:23 PM

Further to the above, yet more details which make me wonder if the problem was something else all the time. After I thought I'd fixed it with the AF settings, today the problem was back again. No AF!! Then I got a communication error message. This was driving me up the wall!
I was about to send it back in when I tried one more time. This time I got yet another error message, saying that the camera couldn't communicate with the battery!Sad
I changed the battery and went out today. Shot over 600 shots. No problems whatsoever!
Now I'm thinking the entire problem was caused by a faulty battery! The battery was the original Canon one that came with the camera.
I'm totally confused by all this. All I know now is that the camera is now working fine.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.