Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

7D firmware update warning.

1 Mar 2012 11:23PM
Got to correct the above post. It was down to the idiot using the camera. I HAD missed something very basic. What a dim headed twit! Whilst changing the settings I'd switched off the AF function for the shutter. What I don't understand is how on earth I could look at that feature so often and not spot I'd switched it off!
I blame my medication!SadWink
My apology to H. Lehmann.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

2 Mar 2012 11:23PM
Further to the above, yet more details which make me wonder if the problem was something else all the time. After I thought I'd fixed it with the AF settings, today the problem was back again. No AF!! Then I got a communication error message. This was driving me up the wall!
I was about to send it back in when I tried one more time. This time I got yet another error message, saying that the camera couldn't communicate with the battery!Sad
I changed the battery and went out today. Shot over 600 shots. No problems whatsoever!
Now I'm thinking the entire problem was caused by a faulty battery! The battery was the original Canon one that came with the camera.
I'm totally confused by all this. All I know now is that the camera is now working fine.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.