Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7d weird shutter count

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rickie
    rickie e2 Member 998 forum postsrickie vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jul 2013 - 7:33 PM

Hi, Can anyone explain what has happened to my new 7d as I was using it with a shutter count of 816 frames and then 4 minutes later its 3630.I was only taking pictures of birds of prey so should only have increased shutter count by 50 at the most.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Jul 2013 - 7:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jul 2013 - 9:09 PM

did you change cards ?

mikehit
    mikehit  46163 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jul 2013 - 9:25 PM

816 to 3630 in 4 minutes?
    Shooting birds of prey, my response would be 'what took you so long'? GrinWink

Mind you, editing is a swine of a job....

rickie
    rickie e2 Member 998 forum postsrickie vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jul 2013 - 10:07 PM

Cant remember Colin and looking on dpp it reads img 0835 cr2 and then the next is img 3645 cr2

mikehit
    mikehit  46163 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Jul 2013 - 10:42 PM

If I recall correctly, the image counter starts from the zero and goes up sequentially, but if you load up a card that has images with higher index numbers it will start above the highest number on the card to prevent 'overwriting' of images, and this happens even if the card had previously been last used in a different Canon camera. The image number bears no relation to shutter count - you can even reset the imade number in the menu.

rickie
    8 Jul 2013 - 11:07 PM

ok thanksSmile

ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    20 Jul 2013 - 6:18 PM

My 7D shows strange image counter numbers. I just simply ignore this and move on! Grin

Frank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.