Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7dayshop.com

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123948 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2005 - 2:11 PM

I wouldn't worry much about people who are rude here or on any other forum, they are only offensive online because they wouldn't dare to be rude in a face to face situation.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 May 2005 - 2:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2005 - 2:14 PM

The naughty corner sounds like fun. Do you get spanked if you are very naughty.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2005 - 2:15 PM

Now, now, John!Smile

strawman
16 May 2005 - 2:18 PM

Just trying to lighten the tone. Off to the Gallery before I do more.

Just Jas
16 May 2005 - 2:27 PM

The 'Corner' - Bring some cans with you, seems I've been sent there as well! Smile)

jaas

strawman
16 May 2005 - 2:34 PM

We should go to Coventry instead, it has an interesting motor museum, in fact the building is worth photographing on its own, then there is some street photography.

On that pleasant thought I did you a good evening, I have an early start tomorrow.

Regards John

Just Jas
16 May 2005 - 2:37 PM

Had a bit of start myself,at the dentist's this afternoon, when I got the estimate!

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
16 May 2005 - 3:27 PM

Dani, back to the question, I have bought a number of items from 7ds and never had a problem but if you wish to find out more from the forum about 7Dayshop, just go to search at the top of the page and start from there. Martin

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
16 May 2005 - 11:35 PM

Quote: Firstly Ashley, dont speak to me like that, i looked through the first 13 pages of the forum and didnt find any topic title referring to 7dayshop. So please forgive me for not spending another 3 hours looking through every other page.

Kay, when I put "Check your question hasn't already been asked and answered..." copied from the text next to the box you type in when starting a new topic I used the three dots (called an ellipsis) after the word "answered" to show there was in fact more text.

The full sentence reads: "Check your question hasn't already been asked and answered (using our forum search tool here)" and gives a link (by clicking on the words inside the brackets) direct to the search facility. This would have therefore saved you searching through "the first 13 pages of the forum".

By typing 7dayshop (or similar - as I did) you will get more than 15 pages worth of thread messages relating to 7dayshop.

Pete introduced this facility to try and stop new threads on subjects that have been discussed ad nauseum.

Ashley

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

Of course if there havnt been any threads for quite a while then a new one would be worth starting to see if they have improved. Aparently things can change....

User_Removed
17 May 2005 - 12:11 AM

I have been an outspoken critic of 7Dayshop in the past because of their poor customer service.

However, I am glad to say that there seems to have been a culture change in recent months. I think they were a victim of their own success (or should I say, their customers became the victims of their success) so that orders sometimes took forever to arrive, items were always out of stock and it was impossible to speak to anyone to deal with your problems.

Since the introduction of the 'fast track' order system and "on-line only" enquiry service the service does seem to have improved.

I ordered 500 of ink on Sunday of last week and it arrived in one delivery on Thursday which is very good and it was complete and correct too!

The enquiry service is still a little slow but all in all, I feel they have vastly improved over the way they were a year or so ago.

Barrie Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2005 - 12:12 AM

^^^ I rest my case my lord.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96308 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2005 - 12:38 AM

I think there is a general wider issue here. - Is the Forum is getting too big.?

For 7dayshop.com there are currently 301 matches on 31 pages.
Take another example ' Printers' 896 matches on 90 pages ?

Therefore , I believe ,it is understandable why people just start a new topic.

It appears the search finds every instance of the request, perhaps a more detailed / restrictive search filter is required.

Perhaps Pete / Will have some thoughts on this ?

paul_farrelly
18 May 2005 - 12:26 AM

For the rare time that Jessops won't match an on-line price i'd use 7-day shop, they sent me the wrong card once, but had a replacment within 7 days (ironiclly) and they said I could keep the old one. Still would use Jessops anyday though, they've priced matched so much equipment of the internet for me that I could well be responisible for their recent fall in profits.

alan h.
alan h.  13275 forum posts United Kingdom
18 May 2005 - 8:42 AM

i saw an advert for a canon g6 camera on the internet and thought i would see if jessops would match this price but no they offered a price thirty pounds more. whilst i was waiting an assistant on the phone was telling someone that 7 day shop prices would not be considered for price matching. i think that jessops offer of price matching stinks as a lot of people shop there unaware of the system and pay the full price. if jessops can sell to one at a cheaper price
why cant they drop their inflated prices so everybody gets the same treatment.for good prices try www.ukdigital.co.uk alan h.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.