Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

7dayshop.com

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

alan h.
alan h.  13275 forum posts United Kingdom
18 May 2005 - 8:42 AM

i saw an advert for a canon g6 camera on the internet and thought i would see if jessops would match this price but no they offered a price thirty pounds more. whilst i was waiting an assistant on the phone was telling someone that 7 day shop prices would not be considered for price matching. i think that jessops offer of price matching stinks as a lot of people shop there unaware of the system and pay the full price. if jessops can sell to one at a cheaper price
why cant they drop their inflated prices so everybody gets the same treatment.for good prices try www.ukdigital.co.uk alan h.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 May 2005 - 8:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock
18 May 2005 - 8:49 AM

Whilst I don't disagree that Jessops do sometimes seem to have excessively high prices and offer pricematches instead of having a simpler, more reasonable pricing structure across the whole range, it is simply not reasonable to expect them to pricematch 7dayshop.
Much of 7ds's stock is not UK sourced therefore not UK taxed, whilst Jessops stock is all UK taxed - that is why 7ds can offer such low prices. It would simply be impossible for any mainland retailer to match those prices. You might as well go in with a B&H pricelist and the current $US exchange rate and ask them to match that - good luck Wink

KRs
Chris

robob
robob  101022 forum posts England
18 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

I agree with Chris. You can't expect Jessops to match prices of a company that don't come close to them. Jessops offer a full 12 month warranty, but they also take responsibility for that warranty, you can take your faulty camera back to them after 330 days and they will send it away for repair for you. Have you read 7 day shop's warranty disclaimer? They say if it's faulty after 7 days it's your problem, go to the manufacturer.

I'm now a bit wiser and I'm of the opinion that cheap isn't always good value. I found the best UK price for a canon S70 (309) and jessops came down from their price of 399 no problem! I could have got it from 7 day for 294 but jessops service is worth the extra 15!

Rob

NorthernEdge
18 May 2005 - 10:57 AM

Hi
I bought a canon 75-300mm IS USM from them. The service was fine and delivery was quick and the product is good. Nothing else to say really apart from they do not sell tamron lenses!!
They seem to offer a great service in my opinion and can save you loads!!
chris

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
18 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

Quote: I think there is a general wider issue here. - Is the Forum is getting too big.?

For 7dayshop.com there are currently 301 matches on 31 pages.

These matches though are for messages within the threads, so it could be 301 matches but actually only 20 (for example) threads on 7Dayshop.

But this is the point I think Pete has been making (certainly in the recent past) in that we should check if there are past threads and unless the message we want to post really doesn't fit into any of the previous threads only then should we start a new one.

This thread asks if anyone has bought from 7DS - a topic which has been covered time and again in the forums - so it could have easily been attached to the end of one of the previous threads (if those threads didn't already give Kay her answer).

After all, it doesn't matter how old a thread is, once a new message is added then it will appear back at the top again.

Ashley

NickdeBug
NickdeBug  9391 forum posts
18 May 2005 - 5:55 PM

Quote: why cant they drop their inflated prices so everybody gets the same treatment

Alan, I think that you are being a little naive on this if you don't mind me saying. I guarantee that if Jessops offered the same treatment as many internet retailers, and prices to match, there would be far more complaints over the decline in standards than there are over their price match policy. High street stores like Jessops and T4 offer a valuable service, especially to those wishing to enter into photography for the first time. Show me the internet merchant who is willing (or able) to offer half an hour of advice and assistance over camera selection. Internet shopping has its place and there is no doubt that there are savings to be made, but they are not for everyone and why shouldn't there be a slight premium for the advice and aftersales service offered. The canny shopper can still get a bargain using the price match policy (which incidently is plastered all over most of the instore merchandising for those with their eyes open), and in general the shopper is happy. If you want to save a few pounds by using overseas sites that take back orders and offer grey imports, that is entirely up to you - I will continue to deal with human beings.

BradUK
BradUK  9553 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2005 - 11:47 PM

Quote: Show me the internet merchant who is willing (or able) to offer half an hour of advice and assistance over camera selection.

Even more than that... try asking an internet merchant to send you a range of the latest models so you can have a quick hold and feel of them all to see which you prefer...

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 May 2005 - 12:26 AM

Razieluk

I take your point about there perhaps only being 20 threads for 7dayshop but if the Search facility only returned them instead of messages within a thread then it would make it easier to check them out first.

Perhaps the Search should only check the topic titles

acbeat
acbeat  9 United Kingdom
19 May 2005 - 12:51 AM

I baught my Nikon 8800 from this site no problems they are based in gurnsey

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
19 May 2005 - 1:13 AM

On that point, I agree with you, JJG, the search engine would be better just listing the titles of the threads where the messages are found.

Ashley

arif
arif  991 forum posts
19 May 2005 - 4:06 AM

My penny...

I've always used them for film - and have been very happy with them full stop. Their film-prices made a dramatic difference to my general photography costings, too.

Phoenix
Phoenix  131871 forum posts
20 May 2005 - 3:10 PM

Quote: Show me the internet merchant who is willing (or able) to offer half an hour of advice and assistance over camera selection.

Fair comment, but then again, I never found a Jessop's employee who was able to offer half an hour of advice and assistance over camera selection. Heck, most of them couldn't make an in-depth explanation of their total knowledge of photography last half a minute let alone half a hour

sillyconguru
20 May 2005 - 3:16 PM

Quote: most of them couldn't make an in-depth explanation of their total knowledge of photography last half a minute let alone half a hour

ROTFLMAO !!!

rickie
rickie e2 Member 998 forum postsrickie vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2005 - 9:30 AM

always using 7day shop,never a problem. ordered a fuji a350 on tuesday ,arrived on thursday no problem.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2005 - 10:15 AM

A measure of the performance of a shop, on-line or off, is how well they deal with any problem that may arise in the transactions.

It is all sweet and easy when nothing goes awry.

jas

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.