Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

7dayshop.com

22 May 2005 7:30AM
Went into Jessops with a lens I bought a few months ago that now has problems. No receipt. No proof of purchase. It took about 30 minutes, but they found the transaction on their system, took the lens and arranged a repair. Good service if you ask me.

As for 7dayshop, I bought my EF 50mm 1:1.4 from them when none of the mainland shops had one in. Arrived in perfect condition within a few days. I have just ordered another 50 of impulse buys from them Friday. They immediately emailed that 1 item is out of stock and should take a few days to arrive but the others will be sent as soon as the order is processed. Good communications and fast service. Can't complain there.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kombizz
9 591 1 United States
23 May 2005 11:18PM
I have never had any problems with them.
If you are interested in getting cheap stuff, always go to:
www.pricerunner.com
Good luck
24 May 2005 1:49AM
Just a quick update. The stuff that I ordered on Friday arrived yesterday (apart from the 1 item that was out of stock). All correct and in perfect working order.
jane3nc e2
10 69
26 May 2005 1:14PM
I ordered my Canon EOS 20D I have been saving for from 7dayshop. Ordered it on Saturday and it arrived on Wednesday. Very pleased with purchase, would recommend!!

As for the after sales service, yes you have to return to the manufacturer yourself, but I prefer this anyway. I would have to go into town on a Saturday and pay for parking, when I can sit at work, make a quick phone call and they (usually) send a courier to collect and exchange unit under warranty. I have done this with HP and Kodak before with equipment at work without issues.

Either way for a saving of 200 i'll take the risk thanks.
cambirder e2
11 7.2k England
26 May 2005 2:28PM

Quote:Either way for a saving of 200 i'll take the risk thanks.

It's only a 75 saving against the ePz shop
MartinjD e2
9 171
26 May 2005 2:30PM
Have bought many things from 7day - paper, inkjet cartridges, film, batteries - always been happy, always left at my house, never had to go chasing round to couriers depot's, unlike other so called next day deliverers (This site shop excluded I hasten to add)

Even had the courage to order my Canon macro lens recently and a Canon A75 last year for one of the kids.

You get what you pay for!! If you want to save money then it is great. If you want the convenience of returning faulty goods to the shop then go to the High Street and pay their prices.

Never had any cause for complaint.

Will probably get next lens for my lady, SuzeE, from there. She wants a Sigma lens coz she is not happy with the Canon 75 - 300 I gave her!!

You pays yer money and yer takes yer choice.

Martin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.