Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A big thanks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 2:07 PM

This is a praise where praise is due thread Grin

Well as everyone that knows me, and a lot of people that kind of know me through my work on here, most will realise that I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my photography.

Well let me tell you that also extends to how my work is displayed or presented or sold to others.

So over the years I've had a few canvasses made. Some here as freebies through POTW, some I've paid for. You know what everyone single one has been a disappointment.

The first one I had they did not wrap the image round the sides, despite me sending a 6x4 image with a "cropping" or "wrapping" guide.

The second one had lost all detail in the animals fur.

The third similarly looked like a watercolour as all detail was absent.

I was on the point of giving up of ever getting a good canvas done of my wildlife work. But...

Various members on here kept saying how good the images from FreshPixel Design. The bonus being that the company is run by a member on here - Jakabout I decided to contact Judi as I was on the point of needing Perspex to retain quality.

Well Judi persuaded me to try her canvas print and I'm glad I did. Firstly it was well packaged. There are care instructions, well that is certainly a first. The fittings for two styles of hanging were also included - again a first for me.

The smile on my face when I opened the image was wide, and again some of you know I don't smile often Wink

So I'd like to thank Judi for her efforts and say I will definitely be ordering some more soon.

Good service deserves praise and I hope the fact that the company owner is also a member does not mean this would be considered inappropriate. This is the fifth printer that I have used and the first where I have been impressed with the result. In fact I think being a member in this case was a definite bonus as I probably would not have bothered to order one without that backup knowledge that other ePZ members had previously praised the results and that I could contact Judi at any time in the process.

Don't expect anyone actually got this far Wink

Cheryl

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Jun 2009 - 2:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 2:28 PM

It's good to see a positive thread about this type of thing. So many are on complaints about various retailers etc. Smile

(That said, hopefully the staff team were told about the unsatisfactory printing of the POTWs?)

sut68
    sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 2:29 PM

Quote: some of you know I don't smile often

LOL ... I still don't know whether you actually do have teeth or not Wink

I can second the quality of Judi's work having seen one that Ian [digicammad] has hanging in his hallway ... had I the money to get a few more done for home, I wouldn't be hesistating in where to place the output.

Good on you for pointing this out Cheryl, there's been a few poor service threads over the years so it makes a real change to see someone highlighting a good service.

Paul

EDIT: Incidentally I've been happy with the results of my POTW canvasses too Smile

Last Modified By sut68 at 20 Jun 2009 - 2:31 PM
    csurry
    20 Jun 2009 - 2:37 PM

I did pass on comments about previous provider of POTW canvasses, but you can't really complain to the company when it is free. That goes for one of the others I had which was through a well known camera store as well.

This time around, the canvas, was OK, but nothing to write home about. The perspex that was provided is excellent but way too large and heavy for any of my walls. I was expecting a perspex to the same value as the canvas and therefore considerably smaller. Anyone who has had a POTW canvas will know how large they are, now imagine that in perspex. You need a crane to lift it! However, it is going to a good home where hopefully it can be used to promote the protection of the red squirrel in the UK.

I don't want to go in to too many details about the image I sent Judi, but let's say it isn't in my portfolio now and never has been, so no point trying to guess which one it is and it had some fine detail which would provide a real test for any printing process. I did not expect the canvas to retain as much detail as it had, to be honest there is nothing at all visibly missing in the detail. Which was a pleasant surprise.

The down side for Judi is that I'll be deferring ordering the more expensive perspex images in favour of the canvasses now Smile

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 3:26 PM

Good to hear.
    Well done Judi...Smile you have passes the test.

SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 7:28 PM

Great stuff! Well done Judi - and that's praise indeed, coming from Cheryl Wink She has very high standards.

Smile

csurry
    20 Jun 2009 - 8:11 PM

I think Judi realised that Suzi, which is why she accepted my challenge Wink

daviewat
    daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
    20 Jun 2009 - 8:15 PM

Only praise here as well for Judi Smile never been dissapointed at all.

But where are my hanging bits ????????????? Smile he he

kaybee
    kaybee  103761 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 9:47 PM

Check your y-fronts

jakabout
    jakabout  91741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2009 - 10:19 PM

Quote: But where are my hanging bits ????????????? he he

Oops! Sorry Dave! I'll get em in the post on Monday, lol. Musta slipped up when it was being packed Smile

Thanks Cheryl - you have no idea how many times I've thought of packing this lark in (the recession) but frankly I really love doing it so it's onwards until things get better and then it's upwards Smile Was a fab image to work with too Wink

Judi

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.