Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A challenge?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ljesmith
ljesmith  101092 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Feb 2006 - 12:10 AM

How about a little challenge for a future project.

I thought it might be interesting for everyone to try something different, my idea is for people to buy a throw away camera and see what they get from it, kind of bring everyone down to the same basic point and shoot level and try and take one good picture with it, no bells and whistles, just you and a camera.

I think it could be a good way to actually think more about the photograph than the camera.

Any takers?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Feb 2006 - 12:10 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

buchananbchb
9 Feb 2006 - 12:13 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me, but a little difficult to judge as it will rely on honesty, and no post manipulation.... but I would be up for it..... oh that sounds really bad doesnt it... like everyone is dishonest lol....
Brad.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2006 - 12:16 AM

Yes, I'd be up for thatSmile How could you prove it though?...call me cynical but someone's bound to cheat Wink

buchananbchb
9 Feb 2006 - 12:21 AM

Or... we could always send the original prints to Ephotozine??
Brad.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2006 - 12:24 AM

you'd have to send the disposable camera to ePHOTOzine and let Pete develop them all.

JohnHawthorne
9 Feb 2006 - 12:26 AM

Count me in, although maybe not make it too competitive as that will encourage cheating. Regardless of any competition I'd be interested to see the different results.

UserRemoved
9 Feb 2006 - 12:26 AM

Actually - some of my most fav pics of myself have been taken on cheap little snappy cameras!!! I think it's cos they don't pick up the detail haha :o))
Shar

BigCol
BigCol e2 Member 131835 forum postsBigCol vcard Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2006 - 12:27 AM

The start and finish point is ePz towers.

Each member of the editorial team starts off with a simple throw away camera, hopefully donated by a willing sponsor, on which they make one image before sending the camera on to the next participant. Oh yes I forgot to mention that there has to be teams drawn up, probably up to 36 in each?
Each team member has only one chance to make an image before it is sent on to the next team member and each team member has only one day to make that image. Forward planning is in great evidence here!
Once the last team member takes their shot the camera is sent back to ePz and the results posted.

What do ya think?

JohnHawthorne
9 Feb 2006 - 12:31 AM

Too complicated - just get a disposable camera and posts the results.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2006 - 12:39 AM

Does it count if I take one on a D1x and then chuck it away?
Wink

chrism
chrism  10118 forum posts England
9 Feb 2006 - 12:41 AM

Quote: Does it count if I take one on a D1x and then chuck it away?
Wink

only if you throw it at me... I'd like another one Smile

ljesmith
ljesmith  101092 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Feb 2006 - 12:56 AM

I think Honesty should be down to the individual, there is no competition intended here, It would just be interesting to see the different results from different photographers.

If there are enough takers maybe Pete could suggest a weekend for it to happen.

How about it.

deviant
deviant  103024 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Feb 2006 - 1:00 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. Don't have a disposable but have an ancient plastic point and shoot pocket film camera with no zoom and no manual settings will that do?

Kris_Dutson
9 Feb 2006 - 1:05 AM

they only cost about 3 quid from Tesco.

In fact, I think they're doing a two for one on the blue stripey ones. Wink

And yeah, I might well be up for it. Smile

Kris.

Doclassie
Doclassie  91135 forum posts England
9 Feb 2006 - 1:05 AM

Yup, I'm in. I have a couple of old Kodak Brownies. Very low tech.... just a shutter and a winding knob! Can I use them?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.