Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

A couple of questions on displaying digitally

Hi

I am looking for a large screen to display my photos but PC monitors seem very small so was wondering about using my LCD 42" TV screen to display my photos and have a couple of questions.

1) What resolution and format should I save the images in order for them to be seen at the highest quality on the TV?

2) How would I show the photos so that they take up all the space on the TV rather than there being any borders/black space?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

James

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.6k United Kingdom
29 Nov 2010 5:55PM
1) What resolution and format should I save the images in order for them to be seen at the highest quality on the TV?

2) How would I show the photos so that they take up all the space on the TV rather than there being any borders/black space?

Size them to the pixel size of your TV (probably 1920 x 1080). You can scale them to fill the space, but if your aspect ratios are different, you will lose some of the image. If you scale to fit the screen, you may get borders on the sides or top and bottom
1 Dec 2010 9:24AM
A tv is intended for viewing moving images, it miy not be the best medium for viewing images, you may also have trouble colour callibrating it.
Wayne

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.