Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

A disgrace

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Nov 2012 6:53PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pcheywood 9 1.3k England
27 Nov 2012 7:00PM
Unfortunately it is entirely believable in todays current climate of political correctness, cultural marxism, and common purpose ! Sad
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
27 Nov 2012 7:08PM
Outrageous. The children have now apparently been split up and gone to strangers. Absurb narrowmindedness.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2012 7:08PM
My first thought was pertty much the same, but apparently the council was recently criticised by a judge in a recent case for placing kids with 'inappropriate' foster parents so one understandable comment is that this was an over-reaction, and the social workers seem to have overstated their case when discussing the decision with the parents.

If that is true, I have a lot of sympathy for the social services in cases like this - someone somewhere will find reason to critcise them no matter what they do.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2012 7:46PM
I have to agree with you Paul, though Mike does have a valid point, though if SS got it right first time around, they wouldn't have to suffer the criticism

To many people employed in SS do not have NOT a clue about real life in this country (Is that a racist comment - not sure at the moment?)
NaturesHaven e2
3 260 5 England
27 Nov 2012 7:49PM
I really feel for all children who are in care (my background from the cradle), what the foster parents have to endure in this so called modern society is really frightening, I think back to my foster parents and I truly believe they would of been barred from fostering me because they enjoyed things that are a complete no no nowadays........prospective foster parents have to jump through so many hoops these days I wonder why some people continue.............more power to them because they do a great job.

To me what does a persons ethnicity/cultural needs matter when all these children want is a good home and some TLC..............adoption and fostering needs to be taken out of Council control and moved to a non - political organisation and some of the crazy rules removed.

We all live on the same planet...................don't we!!!!!!
27 Nov 2012 7:51PM
Surely (and correctly) any potential foster parent is carefully vetted before placing a child or children in their care, so to then turn around a decision is only going to be a negative effect on the children. Children (fostered, adopted or not) need caring, loving guardians that can give them the support and love that they deserve. Basing someone's capacity or ability to parent should never be about their political views unless there is a clear case of some sort of risk to the child. Fortunately racism and religion are looked on differently than what they once were, as well as the gradual change in attitude towards single/same sex parents (at least in the case of adoption). While i do feel sorry for the couple that have been put through this, its heartbreaking to see how the children have been made to suffer too.
Snapster e2
2 133 England
27 Nov 2012 7:52PM
Just as well they didn't vote monster raving looney partyTongue
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
27 Nov 2012 8:03PM
I hope the neighbours who "dobbed" them in are feeling pleased with themselves. I wonder if they'd be happy to be stopped from doing things because of who they vote for.
27 Nov 2012 8:06PM
It's the children that will inevitably suffer in all this. This political correctness seems more to be political wrongness. Let's face it, who is making the rules and where do they get their ideas from?...... some misguided idea that they are right and everyone else is wrong. It's a recipe for disaster because they are making it up as they go along and what is it based on?

Writing their own rules basically.
27 Nov 2012 8:21PM
Lets face it. Any of us who are parents would want our children cared for by capable and loving people if something happened to us and they had nowhere else to go. Would any of us, given the choice, refuse the help of a couple if their political viewpoints differed than our own? Is that more important than our children? Of course not, and the quicker the authorities realise that the better
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2012 8:52PM
For reasons I will not disclose on here, both myself and my good lady have had many a dealing with SS and nothing to do with our own child. They have exposed themselves as mindless bigots, who care more for the fact that they have ticked a box , rather than putting the child's welfare at heart.

I had reason many a year ago, to contact a Chief Inspector of the local constabulary, over a claim by SS that I has a criminal record, which while I was lying on our settee, knowing I was completely innocent of such charges, subjected the member of SS to a tongue in cheek barrage of abuse.
She would not be swayed. It was there on record that I had been involved with criminal damage and if I recall theft.
At the time, I had only just taken up with Mrs T, so you can imagine what she was thinking - bless her heart, she stood by me, until the claims were refuted - probably why we are pushing on past 20 years now - mutual trust

It turned out that when my name was sent for a police check (long before the days of CRB) my sheet had become stuck to another one and they were reading the reverse side of some ne'er do wells report.

I still have the letter of apology from the county police force, though it was not them who were at fault
When the SS worker knocked at our door to offer hers, she was very quickly shown the road - we never saw her again
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
27 Nov 2012 9:34PM
That's really scary tomcat. It could happen to any of us. What on earth is this country coming too?!
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2012 9:25AM
This always happens in Labour controlled councils, never in the public sector. How are these people trained for their jobs? Are they trained by the old Communists or the Militant tendency? It is almost like a one party state with no room for alternative thinking - absolutely disgraceful. That apart, how can anybody call UKIP racist apart from Cameron of clourse who said that a while back now and that is acusing problems between the Tories and, remember this, the countries third most popular party UKIP.

Should Labour supporters be banned from fostering? If you remember an ex party worker and life time supported of Labour, who asked what was he prepared to do to control immigration, was labeled a 'Bigot' by Gordon Brown - and where did this happen? .................the very same place - Rochdale!!!!!!
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2012 1:44PM

Quote:.................the very same place - Rochdale!!!!!!

I think I am incorrect about the places, I think one was Rochdale and the other was Rotherham? Anyway fairly close to each other.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.