Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A disgrace

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13321 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 4:43 PM

Quote: That's what it would look like to the rest of the world.

Do you really think that? You must have a very low opinion of the intelligence of the "Rest of the World"

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Dec 2012 - 4:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 4:48 PM

Quote: What exactly would be difference between a UK bill of rights and the European Convention?

It would be designed to suit our own purposes and would be created by our own elected people and would further be designed to enable us to live like we want to live ie without interference from Europeans wishing to rule Europe - remember we are British not European although to the EU we are just minions here to pay for every other countries ****-ups.
It we wanted to deport somebody afer a prison sentence we could decide that ourselves without interference. If we wished to base insurance premia on assessed risk, we could do so without interference, we will be able to set our own VAT rates without interference from the EU- we can keep unelected busy bodies from pontificating about what they think we British ought to do- nuff said OK.
It would also make the country richer to the tune of 18 billion every year.

If you have any more similar questions just think about it before asking, the answers are obvious.

Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13321 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 4:51 PM

Quote: Free border crossing (although you would interperate that as free illegal immigration) Car emission controls and safety, funded projects such as road building, peace in Europe, etc - its not all bad news,

Free border crossing--for drugs, criminals and terrorists?
Peace in Europe---Does that include the Balkans and the Greek riots?
As for Car Emissions that would probably have happened as a result of international agreement anyway. We didn't need the inefficient, incompetent Brussels bureaucracy for that.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 4:53 PM

Quote: You must have a very low opinion of the intelligence of the "Rest of the World"

Not really, already we have William Hauge telling us that a simple law to constrain the press would undermine Britains ability to promote the freedom of the press.
He would look pretty damn silly complaining about anyones freedom when he represents a country that has pulled out of the European Convention on Human Rights, the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance, the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings, the Convention on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse, etc,

mikehit
mikehit  56474 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 4:56 PM

Quote: . The European Court of Human Rights is absolutely nothing to do with the EU.

Er Did you say EUROPEAN COURT of Human Rights????? Most of the electorate want nothing to do with Europe, I keep telling you that but you don't seem to listen! .

I am listening.
Noone has ever talked about a referendum on the European Court of Human Rights, but about membership of the EU. Or is the use of the word 'European' confusing you?

Quote: So generally it is one and the same thing. Far too much interference in our affairs from Europe, like stopping this government, that we elected to manage our affairs, booting out Abu Quatada as I mentioned earlier.

And again...
The ECHR said we could extradite Qatada. It was a British court set up by the British Government that stopped it at the 11th hour.

But as usual, why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2012 - 5:00 PM

Quote: If we wished to base insurance premia on assessed risk, we could do so without interference,

Ohh good the right to discriminate on sex basis - what a lovely human right that is. We are bound to be the envy of the world with those sorts of "rights".

Quote: will be able to set our own VAT rates without interference from the EU- we can keep unelected busy bodies from pontificating about what they think we British ought to do- nuff said OK.
It would also make the country richer to the tune of 18 billion every year.

Not sure how that fits in to a bill of rights but as th answers are obvious I am sure you will know.

Alan_Baseley
1 Dec 2012 - 5:18 PM

Quote: You must have a very low opinion of the intelligence of the "Rest of the World"

Not really, already we have William Hauge telling us that a simple law to constrain the press would undermine Britains ability to promote the freedom of the press.
He would look pretty damn silly complaining about anyones freedom when he represents a country that has pulled out of the European Convention on Human Rights, the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance, the Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings, the Convention on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse, etc,

No one is, as far as I am aware, suggesting we pull out of the conventions, only that the decisions concerning these should be made by British Courts within the context of British Law. As it was before Blair got elected

Good for William Hague. The press is subject to the law already, both civil and criminal. The police and politicians have as much responsibility for the phone hacking scandal as a minority of the press. It was the press that exposed it.
Is anyone surprised that a lawyer came to the conclusion that we needed more laws? Does anyone actually believe that our politicians are capable of coming up with a system to stop abuse and still keep one of the few free presses in the world? What about the internet, where there is far more abuse? Does regulation work at the BBC or ITV? I don't think so. What the BBC did to Lord McAlpine was probably worse than anything that happened in the phone hacking scandal

Last Modified By Alan_Baseley at 1 Dec 2012 - 5:25 PM
lobsterboy
1 Dec 2012 - 5:49 PM

Quote: No one is, as far as I am aware, suggesting we pull out of the conventions, only that the decisions concerning these should be made by British Courts within the context of British Law. As it was before Blair got elected

Err No. The conventions feature enforcement via the European Court of Human rights, which we have been subject to since 1959.

scruffytrafford

Sorry when I saw that social services were being referred to as SS I had to think twice with it's other meaning from the 30's and 40's, but really is it anything different, if I want to vote UKIP I have a right too and should not be punished for doing so, or anybody else for that matter, it is what we call democracy and freedom,(or at least someones version) or so we thought or we were told, it is really disgraceful, is it really that different from Germany in the 1940's other than we haven't started our execution camps yet, sorry if that seems harsh, but if we heard about this in any other country we would be condemning them as we are here, but the loony's in this country really take the double standard biscuit. Sorry anyone is offended it just makes me mad

avacreates
2 Dec 2012 - 12:43 AM

My brothers, sister & I were in foster homes and children's home our entire childhood. Some carers were racist and some where not. My fondest memories are of 2 African carers that were the sweetest people and I feel so grateful to them for their kindness (I am not African).
We were barely noticed or spoken to in the majority of the homes we lived in.
I recall at the age of 9 being taken to a home and not knowing where my brothers were. I later found out that they were in the house next door - it was a religious organisation taking care of us - the house next door was boys only & the house I was in was girls only - I got on the swing in the backyard and tried to swing as high as I could so I could see my brothers - I was calling out to them - the woman in charge of my home came running out yelling at me telling me I was not allowed to talk to the boys. I told her I wanted to talk to my brothers, I got punished and not allowed on the swing again and yet I was sent to a boys/girls school but my brothers were sent to a different school - that was damaging for us.
Another home, we were in, the African and Asian children were not allowed to attend the local school. The carer took one of the Asian girls to the school hoping to persuade the principle to allow her to attend - the principle met them at the gate and would not allow the girl to step foot on the school grounds - those children did not go to school the entire time they lived at that home.
WE ALL NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHAT WE SAY TO OUR CHILDREN - children are innocent and learn from their surroundings. WE ALL NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE ALL HUMAN FIRST - and what we say and do does affect our children. I've read all the political finger pointing and want to know when the hell will ADULTS GROW UP and realise we are ALL ONE PEOPLE LIVING ON ONE PLANET - the majority of our thoughts and ideas came from those who raised us. When we look at the earth from space - I DO NOT SEE FLAGS.
Because of what I've seen, today, I am a human and animal activist. Human-beings are the most damaging creatures on this planet.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64436 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2012 - 11:05 AM

A disturbing but interesting story Ava. How long ago was this? Did you and your brothers eventually all get back together?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.