Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

A Framer wants to buy or offer commission...

yellowmunky 10 127 1 Wales
25 Apr 2006 8:29AM
Have people ever approached you to purchase prints?

A chap just called me, and wants to purchase about half a dozen photographic prints. I'm sending them a sample CD of the images they are after, and we'll take it from there (obviously, the samples will be stamped 'sample').

Images will go from 7x5 to about A4 or slightly over.

I'm not sure how to play this... Should I sell images, or suggest taking commission, and if so, is there a standard 'cut' that the photographer/artist takes?

Cheers, m'dears.

Michael.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

moelwyn 10 73 United Kingdom
26 Apr 2006 10:02AM
Do they want prints of something they would like you to photograph or prints of photographs you have already taken? Careful when sending the CD, not sure what you mean by 'stamped' with sample but make sure the pics you send are no more than 72ppi with the dimensions being just big enough to view e.g. 400pixels wide. This will prevent any acceptable prints being made. Even better if you could watermark them or why not send thumbnail images on a sheet of A4 instead?

Moelwyn.
yellowmunky 10 127 1 Wales
26 Apr 2006 3:29PM
Hi Moelwyn. The chap has seen some of my work, and is also interested in more.. I don't mind sending a CD; I'll certainly resize them with a watermark (which is what I originally meant - apologies Smile )
moelwyn 10 73 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2006 10:24AM
You need to find out what he wants to do with the pics before making any decisions about what to charge him.

Moelwyn.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.