Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

A leap for photography and a flood of new products.

23 Aug 2014 3:21PM
A round of new top end cameras has started with the A77 mk2, followed by D810.and the 7D mk2
In the pipe line are possible 5D mk4, 1DX mk2. and of course the A99 MK 2.
I used Minolta, changed to Nikon when digital cameras arrived. then moved to Sony.
I would even consider moving to Canon, if the 1DX mk2 has enough megapixels for my type of photography.
I currently use the Sony A99.
What I am looking for when the mark 2 is available:
Faster AF, focus points to cover the viewfinder, higher top end ISO, more frames per second,
36 megapixels, larger capacity battery, even lighter if possible, mirror less if possible,4k video,
eye recognition,and maybe a choice of a 24 megapixel model, like the A 7 series.
Will this improve my photography? Time will tell.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2014 6:03PM

Quote:Will this improve my photography? Time will tell.

....how can you improve on perfection ?
themak 1 152 Scotland
23 Aug 2014 6:38PM
Nice to see somebody is excited by the new stuff - too many people seem to get unnecessarily overwhelmed by all the updates. I reckon being keen is as likely to spark improvement as anything.
24 Aug 2014 9:17AM

Quote:
Will this improve my photography? Time will tell.

It is difficult to say as you have given only half the information needed to answer your question to a good standard.
Good images depend primarily on the skill of the photographer.
What technical progress does is make it technically easier to take good images of a wider range of subjects in a wider range of shooting conditions.
The items on your "wish list" will not in themselves improve your photography, though they may, depending on what you photograph, make it possible for you to take more good photographs more of the time.
Nikon and Canon are still king of predictive focus tracking speed.
Mirrorless has become faster than traditional DSLR's with AF from any part of the viewfinder though with no predictive ability without reverting to phase detect AF.
Resolution and high ISO noise from the best four thirds formats is behind the best 24x36 cameras but now good enough for many photographers needs at lower cost with less bulk.
Hinged rear viewfinders are very popular with those who are no longer fully mobile.
You have not said what your Sony prevents you from doing to a good standard, though based on what you say it might be focus tracking speed, or a lack of premium quality lenses where Nikon and Canon remain in front.
So - what types of photography do you want to take that your Sony cannot enable you to take to a high standard?
24 Aug 2014 9:51AM
kingfisher121 is a close friend of mine and probably the best kingfisher in-flight photographer.
check his EPZ post?
most of the rest of us are photographers who reach a good standard and then plateau out.
Then we can only improve by using better equipment.
themak 1 152 Scotland
24 Aug 2014 7:48PM

Quote:Hinged rear viewfinders are very popular with those who are no longer fully mobile.

I can still get down there, I just choose not to.
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
24 Aug 2014 8:46PM

Quote:Hinged rear viewfinders are very popular with those who are no longer fully mobile.

I can still get down there, I just choose not to.

So can I. It's getting back up that's the problem! Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.