Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A lesson learned

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3798 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Mar 2014 - 8:42 AM

I learned a lesson yesterday about checking the accessories attached to your camera occasionally ......out and about in Stratford Upon Avon yesterday, I became totally absorbed in a group of teenagers with boards and scooters jumping the gap between the river bank and a floating pontoon.

I managed to acquire a number of excellent action shots........we then moved on, over the Clopton Bridge to see what else we could see, and to find a place to sit in the sun.

It was at this point that I realised that the dedicated, screw thread rubber lens hood was missing, we retraced our steps but it couldn't be found.

By a strange coincidence I had watched a B&H tutorial on YouTube only the night before, during which the tutor suggested a bit of camera tape to hold hoods in place when out and about....not very elegant, but a darn sight cheaper?

Lesson learned!

Hobbo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Mar 2014 - 8:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    16 Mar 2014 - 1:17 PM

Some DSLR bayonet-fitting hoods get sloppy when they've had a bit of wear. Gaffer tape has many uses!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.