Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

A lesson learned

hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
16 Mar 2014 8:42AM
I learned a lesson yesterday about checking the accessories attached to your camera occasionally ......out and about in Stratford Upon Avon yesterday, I became totally absorbed in a group of teenagers with boards and scooters jumping the gap between the river bank and a floating pontoon.

I managed to acquire a number of excellent action shots........we then moved on, over the Clopton Bridge to see what else we could see, and to find a place to sit in the sun.

It was at this point that I realised that the dedicated, screw thread rubber lens hood was missing, we retraced our steps but it couldn't be found.

By a strange coincidence I had watched a B&H tutorial on YouTube only the night before, during which the tutor suggested a bit of camera tape to hold hoods in place when out and about....not very elegant, but a darn sight cheaper?

Lesson learned!

Hobbo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam 6 4.8k
16 Mar 2014 1:17PM
Some DSLR bayonet-fitting hoods get sloppy when they've had a bit of wear. Gaffer tape has many uses!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.