Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

A new generation

DOGSBODY 6 1.4k 30 England
18 Feb 2011 1:50PM
During the course of my overlong interest in photography I have seen some great images produced by some wonderful photographers, but the new generation of digital image makers are now taking the art of photography to a whole new level.

With the help of better and more sophisticated cameras and lenses and the wonders that can be worked on the computer, the pictures that many of the new generation are producing is truly outstanding. I am now in my 70s and, although I have fully embraced the new media, I am locked in the styles of the last century, whereas there is a whole new set of younger people out there who are not inhibited by the past and are able to use their flair, imagination and skill to produce work that would have been impossible in my younger days.

Nothing ever stands still but the future of the photographic image is in very capable young hands.
May their photography continue to excite me as much, if not even more so, in another 10 years.

Do you see the future of photography in as positive a light as me?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2011 1:56PM
Nicely said and I totally agree.

Ian
Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
18 Feb 2011 2:24PM
Well put and yes there are some unreal images and manipulations around. There seems to be some awesome young artists from Eastern Europe imo.
DOGSBODY 6 1.4k 30 England
18 Feb 2011 7:08PM
Yes, there are some very gifted photographic artists out there but the general standard of other subjects like natural history, landscape and studio work is also extremely high with more people excelling in those subjects than I can ever remember, even to the point where we become blase about their pictures.
wrinkles e2
6 351 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2011 9:19PM
Its a young persons World they must lead the way.Wink
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
19 Feb 2011 10:01AM
Only if us old fogies will get out of the way!!Grin

Frank.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
19 Feb 2011 12:08PM
Hurrrummph!

I cling to the idea that it is the wisdom and experience of old age, coupled with the naivety, idealism and enthusiasm of youth that, together, takes us forward.

Yours faithfully,

Grumpy Old Man
miptog 9 3.5k 61 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2011 12:19PM

Quote:I am locked in the styles of the last century, whereas there is a whole new set of younger people out there who are not inhibited by the past and are able to use their flair, imagination and skill to produce work that would have been impossible in my younger days.

Totally agree. Feel that the advancements in technology together with a more liberal minded society has been the driving force. The camera is seen more as a means to an end, and much of the craftsmanship, and formal training, that once was a necessity, is no longer required. So bring on the new wave of change, and lets see what it means.
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
19 Feb 2011 6:53PM
Hello LeftForum,

I don't mean to upset you pal - only joking! Smile

Frank.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.