Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A new generation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    DOGSBODY
    DOGSBODY e2 Member 51432 forum postsDOGSBODY vcard England30 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2011 - 1:50 PM

During the course of my overlong interest in photography I have seen some great images produced by some wonderful photographers, but the new generation of digital image makers are now taking the art of photography to a whole new level.

With the help of better and more sophisticated cameras and lenses and the wonders that can be worked on the computer, the pictures that many of the new generation are producing is truly outstanding. I am now in my 70s and, although I have fully embraced the new media, I am locked in the styles of the last century, whereas there is a whole new set of younger people out there who are not inhibited by the past and are able to use their flair, imagination and skill to produce work that would have been impossible in my younger days.

Nothing ever stands still but the future of the photographic image is in very capable young hands.
    May their photography continue to excite me as much, if not even more so, in another 10 years.

Do you see the future of photography in as positive a light as me?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Feb 2011 - 1:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2011 - 1:56 PM

Nicely said and I totally agree.

Ian

Ian-Munro
    Ian-Munro  6200 forum posts Wales15 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2011 - 2:24 PM

Well put and yes there are some unreal images and manipulations around. There seems to be some awesome young artists from Eastern Europe imo.

DOGSBODY
    DOGSBODY e2 Member 51432 forum postsDOGSBODY vcard England30 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Feb 2011 - 7:08 PM

Yes, there are some very gifted photographic artists out there but the general standard of other subjects like natural history, landscape and studio work is also extremely high with more people excelling in those subjects than I can ever remember, even to the point where we become blase about their pictures.

wrinkles
    wrinkles e2 Member 5338 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
    18 Feb 2011 - 9:19 PM

Its a young persons World they must lead the way.Wink

ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    19 Feb 2011 - 10:01 AM

Only if us old fogies will get out of the way!!Grin

Frank.

User_Removed
    19 Feb 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hurrrummph!

I cling to the idea that it is the wisdom and experience of old age, coupled with the naivety, idealism and enthusiasm of youth that, together, takes us forward.

Yours faithfully,

Grumpy Old Man

miptog
    miptog  83529 forum posts United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2011 - 12:19 PM

Quote: I am locked in the styles of the last century, whereas there is a whole new set of younger people out there who are not inhibited by the past and are able to use their flair, imagination and skill to produce work that would have been impossible in my younger days.

Totally agree. Feel that the advancements in technology together with a more liberal minded society has been the driving force. The camera is seen more as a means to an end, and much of the craftsmanship, and formal training, that once was a necessity, is no longer required. So bring on the new wave of change, and lets see what it means.

ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    19 Feb 2011 - 6:53 PM

Hello LeftForum,

I don't mean to upset you pal - only joking! Smile

Frank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.