Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A new kind of camera. A new kind of image.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Billlee
Billlee  85531 forum posts England
4 Jan 2012 - 3:25 PM

Came across this How would you like to re-focus AFTER you have taken the shot ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Jan 2012 - 3:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315596 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Jan 2012 - 3:32 PM

Amazing!

(that you've been on here 5 years and not seen all the other posts about this) Wink

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 3:49 PM

Ive been on here longer and not seen this article before , having read it tho i can see why. Its a nice concept but rather an overpriced novelty with maybe some scientific applications. I mean it doesnt really tyake that long to focus on what you want does it !

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 4:03 PM

Here is a few threads about it

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41108 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 4:55 PM

It's an over priced novalty at this moment in time imho.

Billlee
4 Jan 2012 - 6:05 PM

Quote: Amazing!

(that you've been on here 5 years and not seen all the other posts about this) Wink

So OK, I need to get a life Wink

gary_d
gary_d e2 Member 6539 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales13 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 6:38 PM

I would say you do have a life and not stuck in forums. - gary

ketch
ketch e2 Member 6770 forum postsketch vcard Turks and Caicos Islands50 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jan 2012 - 7:09 PM

Its amazing - I have been around just as long and this is the first time i've seen this too. Is there something wrong with the way forums work I wonder?

Remarkable new technology that will eventually transform the way we all capture images (but not how we take photographs - I guess). This is certainly something that is worth watching - but why have none of the big guys taken this up? The answer is simple, right at the moment their business plans are based on sales through established technology. If they throw everything up in the air with something so potentially groundbreaking who knows what will come down. Eventually one of them will break rank though (and it won't be one of the big two - too much to lose) and probably this year. In the meantime the Lytos (have I got that right?) team will reap what they can. Very interesting, wish I had heard about it earlier!!

Last Modified By ketch at 4 Jan 2012 - 7:10 PM
User_Removed
4 Jan 2012 - 7:44 PM

Quote: but why have none of the big guys taken this up?

The answer is its old technology, not scalable because of the poor image quality. - which fundamentally cannot be removed from the equation.

Demonstrated heavily by Adobe, Nikon (in microscopes) and utilized by canon for years in their high speed imaging devices.

Seriously people add "reddit" to your web frequented list.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 4 Jan 2012 - 7:45 PM
MikeA
MikeA  91175 forum posts England
4 Jan 2012 - 8:10 PM

Quote: Amazing!

So OK, I need to get a life Wink

I think you have just confirmed that you do have one :=)

Last Modified By MikeA at 4 Jan 2012 - 8:11 PM
Billlee
4 Jan 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thanks Gary and Mike for the moral support ... Teach me to go starting threads!!

User_Removed
4 Jan 2012 - 11:48 PM

Can we turn it into a God thread Billee?

Billlee
5 Jan 2012 - 12:53 AM

Quote: Can we turn it into a God thread Billee?

We could, but I would have to ask you, and I, what would be our motive for doing so Wink

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2012 - 9:12 AM

Quote: but why have none of the big guys taken this up?

The answer is its old technology, not scalable because of the poor image quality. - which fundamentally cannot be removed from the equation.

Demonstrated heavily by Adobe, Nikon (in microscopes) and utilized by canon for years in their high speed imaging devices.

Seriously people add "reddit" to your web frequented list.

I noticed the somewhat abismal quality of the demos on their website and presumed this was just poor compression for web , if thats the case they are never going to amount to anything , why would you want one ?

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315596 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Jan 2012 - 9:56 AM

I didn't see a way on the demo (although I am sure there must be a way) of having the whole photo in focus...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.