Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A Random Selection of my Fav Youtube Videos.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014800 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2014 - 11:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ilMx7k7mso
http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ilMx7k7mso

Last Modified By StrayCat at 7 Apr 2014 - 11:16 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Apr 2014 - 11:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014800 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2014 - 11:19 PM

AtticusFinch

Cheap Flights

StrayCat
10 Apr 2014 - 6:27 AM

Whooooaaa!!!! She can play in my band anytime.Grin

Last Modified By StrayCat at 10 Apr 2014 - 6:29 AM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
10 Apr 2014 - 6:43 AM

If you just want to share a link or two with the community, try our public buzz feature. It's purpose is more for this kind of content. You can get to it by going to your profile and clicking on the buzz tab. From here, just enter your message in the box provided and it will be shared with the whole community, not just people in the forums.

It even gives you the option to share to only your connections or a connection group. This allows you to carry on a private conversation with those members who are closer to you.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 10 Apr 2014 - 6:47 AM
StrayCat
10 Apr 2014 - 8:18 AM

Thank you David, I know it bugs the **** out of some, but others enjoy it. The forums are an absolutely dead place this winter, and I'm just trying to do my part; if I see or hear something that moves me, I want to share it. The forums have become a stiff, lifeless wasteland, imo, and it's fine by me if people are happy with that. I'll be damned if I'll ever go to a social network to share; and I hope this site shrinks so it can become a much better experience for us all. If it's bothering the stiff upper lip set, so be it, go ahead and delete it, I don't give a f...! By the way, I heard from Mr. Fox today, I asked him to come back, no reply.

Here's another;

Last Modified By StrayCat at 10 Apr 2014 - 8:20 AM
StrayCat
10 Apr 2014 - 8:39 AM

As has always been the case, right from the start, this sight is ruled by a small vocal minority, make sure they're happy, don't get them angry.Wink Why do you fear them so, it's only a few, and they're going to complain till they can't mess up the site anymore, then they just fade away, that's all they enjoy, bitching and complaining, and the site has always cow-towed to them, amazing for a bunch of adults. And furthermore, why don't you just come out and say what you want, I'm only one, and I've been dumped on many times before. Go on, make their day; do you want me to name them, I know every one of them, they're always the few who think they know what's best for the rest of us. Personally, if I was in your position, I'd tell them to piss off.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 10 Apr 2014 - 8:46 AM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
10 Apr 2014 - 9:01 AM

Personally, i'm a big fan of the buzz feature on the site, and just thought I would share this with you. I would like to see the buzz feature become more and more popular as it provides the same facility a forum has, but with a more modern, up-to-date format.

I have no problem with your posts being in the forums, nor was I replying in re-action to any complaints (which we haven't received any) from other members.

The cold hard truth is that, while the forum activity appears to have gone down, visitor and activity on the site as a whole as gone up. I think this is soon to become a sign of shifting interest in the areas of the site. Forums are being replaced by news/activity feeds on many sites because they provide a better, more flexible platform for sharing all sorts of information.

As with anything, we just need members to give buzz a try for a while and the benefits will soon be apparent Smile

Last Modified By davidburleson at 10 Apr 2014 - 9:03 AM
StrayCat
10 Apr 2014 - 9:12 AM

I will, thanks David. Now I'm off to bed, it's after 2:00am my time, good nite.Smile

davidburleson
10 Apr 2014 - 9:13 AM

I thought it was a bit late across the pond Tongue Maybe we need a few more members from that side of the world to keep you company Wink

StrayCat
10 Apr 2014 - 9:23 AM

Just had to listen to that female drummer again, I love Tool's music, my son's fav band for over 20 years. He went to one of their concerts one time, and his friend said they were all standing and watching from the front row, it was outside, and when he turned to seem my son, he was crying. I can't remember seeing him cry.Grin So it's good nite for real this time.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 10 Apr 2014 - 9:24 AM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2014 - 10:22 AM

Quote: Personally, i'm a big fan of the buzz feature on the site, and just thought I would share this with you. I would like to see the buzz feature become more and more popular as it provides the same facility a forum has, but with a more modern, up-to-date format.

Hi David. Can't find this feature. If I do, where do the posts appear if not on a forum? Do they go into people's Buzzes or Messages? I've not heard of this before.
Smile

davidburleson
10 Apr 2014 - 10:25 AM

Click 'My Buzz' in your user bar dropdown menu (top right of any page). From there, click 'all' on the left and you will see a box to enter a message.

Public messages are posted on the public buzz homepage widget and anyone who is connected to you will see it too in their buzz feed.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64431 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2014 - 2:47 PM

Oh, right. I see. So is my message sent to everyone on the site or just my faves? And can you put links and pics in it too? First I've seen mention of this and have never had anything sent to me via same. Can't really see me using it though as I don't see the point.
Thanks David.

davidburleson
10 Apr 2014 - 3:04 PM

Quote: So is my message sent to everyone on the site or just my faves?

It depends on if you choose to send to 'Public' or you type in a connection group you have created

Quote: And can you put links and pics in it too?

yep

Quote: First I've seen mention of this and have never had anything sent to me via same.

We announced it way back in Feb 2012: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/ephotozine-has-had-an-upgrade-18618

there is alot in there.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.