Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A realy BIG thanks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Ray12
    Ray12 e2 Member 173 forum postsRay12 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 3:28 AM

Good Morning from Hong Kong.
    Just a quick word to thank all those Members who voted and past some realy nice comments on my first 2 pictures i have put on the gallery.
    I dont know about other people but when one gets comments like that it make one feel so proud, and makes all the time and effort you have put in to it worth it.
    Once again thank you all so much Grin.
    Cheers Ray

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 3:28 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

nsutcliffe
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:35 AM

Yes Ray, comments, good or bad, so long as they are constructive, really do help and inspire you to keep going!

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6520 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:42 AM

I totally agree and is the reason I disabled votes on my images a long time ago, in my opinion one comment good or bad is worth more than 100 votes.

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 10:45 AM

I don't know about you but, to me, bland comments such as 'nice pic' or 'great colour and comp' are certainly not worth more than 100 votes. They're barely worth one vote.

Meheecho
    Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 1:11 PM

In my opinion, comments, bland or otherwise, show that people have taken the trouble to view your work. It takes a bit more time and thought to type a comment rather than a "quick click of the mouse"
    Steve

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6520 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 1:18 PM

Quote: In my opinion, comments, bland or otherwise, show that people have taken the trouble to view your work. It takes a bit more time and thought to type a comment rather than a "quick click of the mouse"
    Steve

I totally agree Steve.

The click and run says to me that the person did not have the time or could not be bothered to spend time looking, in that case don't, just pass me by.

Meheecho
    7 Feb 2013 - 1:22 PM

I have to say that, due to time constraints, "clicking" is better than nothing but a couple of words can be really encouraging
    Steve

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64344 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 2:06 PM

Quote: In my opinion, comments, bland or otherwise, show that people have taken the trouble to view your work. It takes a bit more time and thought to type a comment rather than a "quick click of the mouse"
    Steve

I totally agree Steve.

The click and run says to me that the person did not have the time or could not be bothered to spend time looking, in that case don't, just pass me by.

That's a bit harsh Gary. Some of us like to acknowledge that they've liked an image but just don't have time to comment on every single one.
    Smile

gary_d
    7 Feb 2013 - 5:26 PM

Sorry if it sounds harsh it wasn't meant that way, I quite often don't have time to do more than take a quick look at an image and have no time to comment but don't like just clicking a vote, that is just the way I feel and every one is different.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64344 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2013 - 11:48 AM

Well I think even if you don't have time to comment, it's always nice to see who's appreciated your image. And quite often you get photographers who take, in essence, the same image time and time again. You may appreciate the images but find it difficult to find something different to say about them all.

Meheecho
    8 Feb 2013 - 11:55 AM

This is true, Chris , but a click does at least show you are interested As you say we don't always have the time so " every little helps"!! GrinGrin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.