Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

a rough time

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

magda_indigo
13 Oct 2004 - 7:07 PM

Dear friends, you may not hear much from me for a while.
Yesterday we heard from the vet that our border collie has a tumour, Ill spare you all the details, but its bad news.
Paul and I love living in England, most people laugh in wonder, when we tell them it was our choice.
Moving to another country might sound glamorous to many, but it isnt.
Its tough and if you are a photographer on top, it is not exactly the kind of static job where you really get to know people; we are more like bees or butterflies, flying from job to job, in and out.
Epz has in the last almost year been a great help to me, to combat my solitude; Id love to thank all of you.
This brings me back to our dog, dont categorize us or think the clichd aahh, dog lover, no, animal lover. When we chose a dog, it was what fitted our life best at the time.
In all the 15 years that we had him, he became our friend and companion. Wherever we went, he went, the car his second home.
The problem now is that he is a very young, lively and still very mobile and playful 15 year old.
Always with me, we are very good friends, he feels my moods, when Im happy and on the move so is he, when Im blue, he never leaves my side.
Our dog is our dog, NOT our baby, but he has his place in our lives and home.
On Friday hes going in for major surgery which should give him another 2 years at least, the vet knows him, says hes MORE than worth it and a fighter.
So, Ill try and catch up whenever I can. Thank you for your understanding.
Magda (*:*)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Oct 2004 - 7:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

u08mcb
u08mcb  105817 forum posts
13 Oct 2004 - 7:09 PM

Its heartening at least that they can do something to help. My last cat was diagnosed with a kidney problem and put down two days later :/

Hope everything works out as best it can Magda.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 - 7:13 PM

For Magda and Paul,
I can bear witness to how much you love your dog at the latest Flambough meeting,it was quite apparent that you were one big happy family,so i will be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

Andy...

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012520 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 7:18 PM

I can understand what you are going through, my thoughts are with you both. K.

inkarts
inkarts  1061 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 7:24 PM

Hope all goes well for Friday. We can very much appreciate the companionship your border collie gives, as we had an amazing cat that never left our side. Bella was with us for 18 years. All will be well.
John & Susan.

Toymaker
Toymaker  11587 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 7:27 PM

Magda and Paul,

At a time like this people tend to say "I know how you feel". Sometimes they do and sometimes they just want to take some of your pain away. We can honestly say that we DO know how you feel and what you are going through right now.

We lost our bestest friend a few months ago and still miss him badly. We agree that they are still pets but, like you and Paul, we felt he was a major part of our family. He knew exactly how we felt and we, him.

Please accept our deep-felt thoughts at this difficult time and we hope things will get better for all of you.

Best wishes

Barry & Nibs

snowman
snowman  10391 forum posts England
13 Oct 2004 - 7:41 PM

Magda and Paul,

My thoughts are with you also. Maybe not a child but still part of the family. Give him lots of TLC.

Phil

lordposh
lordposh  1045 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Oct 2004 - 7:44 PM

Good luck for friday..... my thoughts are with you and Paul at this diffcult time.

Roger

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
13 Oct 2004 - 7:58 PM

Best wishes Magda. I still have some of his hairs stuck to my camera bag ! Smile

keithh
keithh  1022760 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 8:01 PM

Magda, Paul.
Well you know what I would say...not going to get all sentimental in public...gosh I'm a blurk....but...well you know.

bpa
bpa  101224 forum posts
13 Oct 2004 - 8:05 PM

I don't do sentimental (too much pain), but all the best for Friday.

Stephen

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139388 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 8:12 PM

Hope all goes well, Magda - and post a pic of the 'canine convalescent' as soon as you can! Smile

Badger
Badger  114736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 8:27 PM

I understand the attachment and the pain that it can cause. Hope it goes well for you all.
Matt

Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2004 - 8:29 PM

Good luck Magda, I hope it all turns out well for you, my thoughts are with you.

Anthony

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
13 Oct 2004 - 9:09 PM

Saddend to hear this, hope it all goes well.
Jim

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.