Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A smile on Sunday

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidbailie
    davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2010 - 3:17 PM

I thought you might care to look at and maybe even comment on a new video I've put together with my 5DII -

It makes me smile and I've seen it enough times Smile

anyway if you're looking for a giggle take a look HERE

Do comment if you have the time - ta very much

db

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jun 2010 - 3:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    6 Jun 2010 - 3:33 PM

( 'Thanks for asking...' ) - pmsl!!!!

Brilliant David. Brilliant.

davidbailie
    davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2010 - 3:36 PM

Cheers Mike - yes enjoyed making it Smile

db

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2010 - 3:38 PM

LOL.....Seriously amusing......Smile So simple too....!

Would I be right in guessing you get a lot of that.....Sad

Nice image quality by the way, Have you got the directors chair yet .....Wink

davidbailie
    6 Jun 2010 - 3:41 PM

Cheers Vince -

It used to happen a bit in the old days but not now really - just sending myself up really

Directors chair ? - studios too small Smile

db

davidbailie
    7 Jun 2010 - 4:34 PM

Talk about coincidence - xref Vince's (cameracat) comments above and the video link - HERE - with which I started this thread yesterday.

An hour or so ago my missus and I set off down the high street ....... in gay, oh alright joyful mood .. she pretending to ignore me as I was making odd noises - bit like an outsize turtle dove coo-ing at hs mate - I bedecked in a pink shirt and my locks brushed back and blowing in the breeze - well they would have been had they not been gelled down Smile.

Arm in arm we approach a geezer, bit of a bruiser really, he has a heavy swagger of someone with attitude (bit like me I suppose - except my swagger is somewhat lighter, sort of ballet like ... wouldn't you know! ) ... I see him a about ten metres off and instinctively see trouble, if looked for, but pay no heed beyond that ..

As we pass he gives me a side swipe to the arm with his elbow - sufficient to alter my trajectory!! - sufficient for me not to ignore - which I don't - I turn around and address him in fairly relevant terms something like "Oi! you - what the hell do you think you're doing...! ?? He in turn swings towards me and accuses me of bumping into him ....... he approaches threateningly! ....

... and so we exchange words, I not backing off metaphorically (I didn't say I wasn't keeping my distance - to be sure I was) -

I tell my missus to note his features beard, chin, eyes etc and to call the police - this makes him think twice and calling me a "bloody poof" he turns to walk on -

I follow at a distance telling EE to call the police again - he then swings around and fast forwards towards me bellowing & roaring like a wounded buffalo !!

A bit startled I back off keeping a safe distance but oddly by now I have a handle on him (not that I am going to test it) - he gobs at me - not that I was quite in gobbing distance but I leaped away as nimbly as I could just to be sure ...............

I must tell you that EE my gentle missus at some stage raises an envelope she is carrying to ward him off me - my protective darlin Smile

he now turns off as do EE & I ..... but coincidently there 30 meters in front of me who do I see but Mr Plod ... I can tell by his demeanour that he had assumed something was happening - heard the buffalo I suspect - I signal him and point towards the disappearing figure telling the bobby I had been assaulted ......

Lo and behold suddenly the fella is returning to us and is as innocent as the day is long!! - wouldn't ya know ...... It was obvious to me that he'd been here before and knew the drill ....

... to cut a long story medium I give the policeman my details and my take on the events (soto voce of course - don't want yer bruiser knowing where I live) and he then says to me I can go if I like whilst he has a word with the other guy.... which I do!

All this cause the guy had decided I was a poof and presumably didn't deserve to share the same road space as he!

It's not pleasant this you know - I am no spring poof ... I mean chicken! - I have never liked nor been much of a barny-er - leaves a slighty insecure feeling in oneself - especially now - one of the things one notices in many old people's eyes is fear - it is fear born of an awareness that physical defence is probably out the window for good!

Now I know a lof of people will suggest I should not have continued the issue - you not wrong necessarily - but I find it difficult to ignore richard-heads - and who knows maybe he'll have seconds thoughts about doing it to others ..!!

anyway to get the full irony of it all see the video - God! any excuse for a plug!!!

db

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.