Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A3 & A3 + What's the difference ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bledzo
    bledzo  269 forum posts United Kingdom
    20 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

I know it's a daft question but can anyone tell me the difference between A3 and A3 + . I also see the option in my print preferences. The intended use for the Epson Premium Glossy SO41316 (255gms) is club competitions.

My thoughts are that the above is a heavier weight paper suitable for my purpose as I have used same brand A3 but "paper thin" excuse pun i.e. Epson Photo Quality Glossy Paper S041125.

Regards

Joe

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    20 May 2012 - 1:41 AM

A3+ is a little bit larger than A3 (11.7 inches wide for A3 and 13 inches wide for A3+)

bledzo
    20 May 2012 - 1:46 AM

Thank You. I wonder why they developed that wee bit extra in the first place. It seems confusing to me Smile

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82286 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    20 May 2012 - 7:00 AM

I occasionally opt to frame my prints in a 500x700 frame and use a wide mount. A3+ can help in such situations. I believe that most paper manufacturers who produce A3 paper also produce a A3+ option.

JenniCh
    JenniCh  832 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    20 May 2012 - 8:01 AM

The other interesting thing to note, especially with Epson papers, is that the A3+ size can often be cheaper to purchase than the same grade paper in A3 size, even though they're larger sheets; I presume it's a case of supply and demand, but I often buy A3+ size just because it less expensive.

sherring
    sherring  646 forum posts United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    20 May 2012 - 9:22 AM

So that you can print a full size A3 image without losing anything from the sides. You can also add crop marks for trimming etc.

Steve.

bledzo
    20 May 2012 - 9:38 AM

Thanks to all. Paper ordered Smile

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82286 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    20 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Quote: So that you can print a full size A3 image without losing anything from the sides. You can also add crop marks for trimming etc.

Bloody 'ell that blinkin' obvious now I think about it!

MeanGreeny
    20 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Quote: I know it's a daft question but can anyone tell me the difference between A3 and A3+

+

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.