Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

A3 Prints - Reputable Companies

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Feb 2009 - 7:35 PM

I am in need of some advice.

I would be grateful for any info on print companies who are reasonably priced/good quality in terms of delivering A3 sized prints. I am looking to obtain an A3 sized print for some friends.

In addition, I have already had a look around the web and would also appreciate some advice on the file type/size which should be supplied to the company in order to ensure optimum results as I see companies will accept a range of file types and sizes.

I am slightly concerned at one of the download options I came across somewhere as the standard tif file I am converting from RAW is 86mb.

Lastly I promise, should I be cropping the picture to A3 dimensions prior to sending it to any company and if so what would you advise in terms of applying sharpening?

I appreciate this may be obvious to a number of you but I would be grateful for any advice.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Feb 2009 - 7:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
4 Feb 2009 - 7:50 PM

Loxley for one.

0141 333 9444

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 101497 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2009 - 8:00 PM

dscolourlabs

95p for an A3 print. Used them several times with out any problems.

irishman
irishman  101118 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2009 - 9:28 PM

Another vote for dscolourlabs but just make sure you download their colour profile to get a good color matxh on your prints.

julesm
julesm e2 Member 101696 forum postsjulesm vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2009 - 9:35 PM

Loxley are good, but they seem to be plagued with quality issues. I use them because they print well, but I've had to have so many orders reprinted due to handling problems.

Jules

User_Removed
4 Feb 2009 - 10:31 PM

I'm sorry you've had problems Jules.
I've used Loxley for years now and only had one problem. They reprinted the order straight away without charge. Apart from that, they've been very professional indeed.

Gerry.

PeteWilliamson
4 Feb 2009 - 10:47 PM

Peak Imaging have always been good for me.. I've printed 20 x 30 bike images with them and they look great. Give you FTP details as well if the software is working for you or your on a Mac. They request TIFFS and sRGB.

MadTrace
MadTrace  9268 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Feb 2009 - 11:12 PM

DS for me, download the profiles, never a problem, speed, price or quality

gary_d
gary_d e2 Member 6510 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2009 - 11:35 PM

I totally agree with MadTrace I found DS to be 1st class

danbrann
danbrann e2 Member 9462 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2009 - 12:33 PM

Try Proam imaging in Bradford.1.25 plus postage for A3.Excellent quality and 48 hour turn around.
Danbrann

Tandberg
Tandberg  101218 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2009 - 1:18 PM

A second for Pro/am in BFD 18x12 inch good price and good quality
Dave

Picture_Newport

Try Dunns I've never had a bad print from them.

DS are pretty good too if your on a tighter budget.

Paul

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014556 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2009 - 2:23 PM

ProAM in bradford for me too

you have to do a bit more work - i.e. convert the the correct colour profile, reszie at 402DPI etc. but the reward is a very well priced and really high quality print.

MarkT
MarkT  9119 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2009 - 3:53 PM

ProAM for me too & Peak Imaging for larger prints.

Mark.

Munro
Munro  638 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Feb 2009 - 5:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback. There are a few here for me to look at, with a few popular companies being put forward also.

regards

Mark

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.