Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

AAHHHH - I Cant believe it.......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2006 - 5:38 PM

... I've been agonising for months about upgrading my S5000 for a D-SLR. after aventually trying a mates EOS350D I was sold and have ordered one. Now I see the 400D is due. Sorry just having a rant in frustration. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Aug 2006 - 5:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SimPick
    SimPick  8545 forum posts Azerbaijan2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2006 - 5:40 PM

I am sure you could take it back or cancel your order. It may not be such a problem. Try it. You have nothing to lose. Failing that, just tell them you would like a 400D instead, when it arrives. They haven't lost an order, so I am sure they would be happy to oblige to keep your business. If they don't, then they aren't worth dealing with.

TimJ
    TimJ  10482 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2006 - 5:50 PM

Well you could cancel the order and get the 400D if you don't mind waiting a few weeks and paying the extra.

What is it that the 400D has that the 350D doesn't that you need? If the answer is nothing, don't worry about it and be happy with the 350D.

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2006 - 5:53 PM

Nothing really, the other camera I was looking at was the Alpha which is 10mp which is the same as the 400D. But hey

TimJ
    TimJ  10482 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2006 - 6:01 PM

In reality the extra 2MP doesn't make much difference, except to consume more disk space.

There will always be something else just around the corner.

SimPick
    SimPick  8545 forum posts Azerbaijan2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Aug 2006 - 6:11 PM

I have a 350D and am very pleased with it, but if I had the choice between a 350D and a 400D I would be mad for not taking the 400D. The extra 2MP does not make a huge difference, but it has a much nicer and bigger screen, and the sensor cleaning technology would certainly come in handy. I think it is worth waiting for just for those two things.

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    25 Aug 2006 - 8:20 PM

Quote: and the sensor cleaning technology would certainly come in handy

Only if it works a lot better than the other 2 so called dust cleaning systems. From what I've seen the Sony one does diddly squat.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Aug 2006 - 8:26 PM

If you've ordered it from a website or mail order you have 7 days from date of reciept in which you can return it, even if there is nothing wrong with the item.
    The distance selling legislation covers for this situation.

Most wbsites in their terms and conditions pages will have info on this.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    miptog
    miptog  83532 forum posts United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2006 - 12:16 AM

Quote: In reality the extra 2MP doesn't make much difference, except to consume more disk space.

Does it not mean that you can crop in tighter and have a sharper image? Mike

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.