Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Aaron Swartz Dead at 26

StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
13 Jan 2013 2:28AM
Interesting article here.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Jan 2013 3:39AM
Cue the conspiracy theorists ... I don't think a single notable unexpected death can happen without conspiracy theories and this won't be any different.
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
13 Jan 2013 7:40PM
Sad news.

This by Glenn Greenwald is worth reading.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
13 Jan 2013 7:55PM
Good article.
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
14 Jan 2013 12:30PM
Excellent article. As to the conspiracy theorists, see the first comment on the OPs link.
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2013 5:03PM

Quote:Sad news.

This by Glenn Greenwald is worth reading.

Yes - I don't think conspiracies come into this - It seems more likely the the man (who was plagued with drepression) commited suicide as a result of several pressures - not least the looming of an outrageously unjust jail term.
It's very sad that the US political, business and legal environment is so morally bankrupt that it so often feels that it has to resort to the most inhuman behaviour in pursuing anyone who threatens to uncover it's malignant practices.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
17 Jan 2013 5:07PM
I agree with you Garth. If you have been following the debates re gun control recently in the US, amazingly the biggest fear some of the pro gun lobby have is their own government. Sad.
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2013 5:13PM

Quote:I agree with you Garth. If you have been following the debates re gun control recently in the US, amazingly the biggest fear some of the pro gun lobby have is their own government. Sad.
I'm not surprised, Denny! I'm pretty scared of my (UK) government too! WinkSad
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2013 5:26PM

Quote:I agree with you Garth. If you have been following the debates re gun control recently in the US, amazingly the biggest fear some of the pro gun lobby have is their own government. Sad.

Over there, whole swathes of the population are brought up on theories of the malignancy of government: their devotion to the second amendment is based not protection of America but oddly, protection from America. I guess it comes from their history as much as anything, but their stated willingness to fight and kill in this belief is staggering.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.