Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Aaron Swartz Dead at 26

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2013 - 2:28 AM

Interesting article here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Jan 2013 - 2:28 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monstersnowman
    13 Jan 2013 - 3:39 AM

Cue the conspiracy theorists ... I don't think a single notable unexpected death can happen without conspiracy theories and this won't be any different.

spaceman
    spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2013 - 7:40 PM

Sad news.

This by Glenn Greenwald is worth reading.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2013 - 7:55 PM

Good article.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Jan 2013 - 12:30 PM

Excellent article. As to the conspiracy theorists, see the first comment on the OPs link.

gcarth
    gcarth e2 Member 102289 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2013 - 5:03 PM

Quote: Sad news.

This by Glenn Greenwald is worth reading.

Yes - I don't think conspiracies come into this - It seems more likely the the man (who was plagued with drepression) commited suicide as a result of several pressures - not least the looming of an outrageously unjust jail term.
    It's very sad that the US political, business and legal environment is so morally bankrupt that it so often feels that it has to resort to the most inhuman behaviour in pursuing anyone who threatens to uncover it's malignant practices.

StrayCat
    17 Jan 2013 - 5:07 PM

I agree with you Garth. If you have been following the debates re gun control recently in the US, amazingly the biggest fear some of the pro gun lobby have is their own government. Sad.

gcarth
    gcarth e2 Member 102289 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2013 - 5:13 PM

Quote: I agree with you Garth. If you have been following the debates re gun control recently in the US, amazingly the biggest fear some of the pro gun lobby have is their own government. Sad.

I'm not surprised, Denny! I'm pretty scared of my (UK) government too! WinkSad

mikehit
    mikehit  56474 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Jan 2013 - 5:26 PM

Quote: I agree with you Garth. If you have been following the debates re gun control recently in the US, amazingly the biggest fear some of the pro gun lobby have is their own government. Sad.

Over there, whole swathes of the population are brought up on theories of the malignancy of government: their devotion to the second amendment is based not protection of America but oddly, protection from America. I guess it comes from their history as much as anything, but their stated willingness to fight and kill in this belief is staggering.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.