Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

aarrrghh.....Amazon!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

newfocus
newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 12:14 PM

Glad you got it sorted out. A similar thing happened to me last year - parcel thrown over a security gate and left in the rain. Contents were ruined from both the drop and the wet. That time Amazon sorted it quickly and with very little hassle and I had a similar good experience when another parcel went missing - sorted quickly and painlessly despite the courier themselves being impossible to get hold of. The online tracking showed the parcel being mis-routed to the South West then updates just stopped. I still never found out what happened to it but a replacement was sent anyway.

Hopefully your poor experience is just a glitch because personally I'll only order from places that provide decent service. Amazon's not alone in providing a generally good experience but usually I find them up there with the better people to deal with.

Last Modified By newfocus at 16 Dec 2011 - 12:16 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Dec 2011 - 12:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123967 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 12:17 PM

excellent news! well done in getting it sorted GrinGrin

Last Modified By peterjones at 16 Dec 2011 - 12:18 PM
Scarab
Scarab  2 United Kingdom
16 Dec 2011 - 12:21 PM

I'll try and grab the footage later and put it up somewhere.

Scarab
Scarab  2 United Kingdom
16 Dec 2011 - 12:45 PM

Ok well just had an email back from them saying that everything apart from the Nikon V1 and Lenses will be delivered tomorrow, for those I have to wait until "Estimated 20th February 2012"

Not happy!

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123967 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 12:55 PM

???? undoubtedly Amazon will credit your card with the items not yet delivered and re-debit around 20th Feb 2012 ????

Last Modified By peterjones at 16 Dec 2011 - 12:56 PM
hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3800 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 1:07 PM

Very well done.....I am pleased that it as all worked out positively for you......rather than include it in my original post with recommendations of contacting Amazon management direct, and threatening inclusion on YouTube .....I should have mentioned that I have only had positive dealings with Amazon.

Great news....Have. Great Christmas.

Hobbo

Scarab
Scarab  2 United Kingdom
16 Dec 2011 - 1:07 PM

They certainly will do but that isn't the point. If their idiot courier hadn't shot-putted my camera and lenses into a puddle then I'd have it by now, yet they are refusing to even allow me to switch the camera package to one they have in stock.

As it is I am going to have to wait up to 14 days for the refund and then re-purchase it. According to their website they have 20 left in stock, but I can't afford to just re-order it now and have it in time for Christmas, which is what I really wanted.

I have given away my only other compact camera and didn't fancy taking my DSLR and all my lenses away with me this Christmas.

I'm just angry that I have a smashed one in my hands, they say they have 20 left in whatever guise, yet they can't send me a replacement for administrative reasons.

mikehit
mikehit  56536 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 1:46 PM

Again, I think that someone there is not doing what they should be doing. They have already admitted thatyou need a replacement so I would contact them and explain that you ordered the camera specifically for it to be available for the festive season which it still can be if they send one right now. Take a picture of the damaged item with you camera phone and make it clear it was their courier that did the damage.

newfocus
newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 4:13 PM

Out of interest, which courier company was it?

FlashBangPicture

i buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and on the rare occassions i have had problems, usually with 3rd party sellers they have been pretty good. I am suprised they haven't put this right straight away. Obviously if you paid with your credit card it will be a lot less hassle, but i would ask to speak to an on duty manager, state what has happened and give them the opportunity to sort this out and if they are not forthcoming use the power of social networking (Twitter Facebook etc) that has yielded very quick results for me in the past so its worth a shot. Really hope you get things sorted, please post an update on here so that we can see how well or not they deal with it all. If its not good i for one would be more than happy to link this to my facebook etc Wink

crookymonsta
crookymonsta e2 Member 6700 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 6:49 PM

I also buy frequently from Amazon and have found their customer service is normally excellent, even when third party sellers are involved. I think you were very unlucky, particularly given the value of the goods and the appalling way this parcel was 'delivered'. There do seem to be some issues with the courier companies at the moment, several times recently I have been given a tracking number for one company only to find that a different one actual undertook the delivery. One reasonably expensive purchase was simply pushed through the letterbox, no attempt to obtain a signature - just a good job they got the right house. Makes it impossible to complain when you don't know who to go to.

I think you will have to keep plugging away at Amazon to put this right, hope you get it all sorted before you go away.

Scarab
Scarab  2 United Kingdom
16 Dec 2011 - 9:00 PM

Well I had a "final offer" from Amazon earlier. I either return the box immediately as is, and I will get a refund within 5 working days of them receiving it. Or I return the box and wait till the 20th of February for a new delivery.

Trying to get them to give me a refund this side of Christmas is now my only interest so I can go buy it elsewhere. But it really doesn't look like I'll get it. I wish I had the cash to just buy another and wait for the refund later, but I simply don't have a spare grand laying around at this time of year.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
16 Dec 2011 - 10:13 PM

Would love to hear from one of these third part couriers, hear the explanation of why they did what they did it.

Scarab
Scarab  2 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2011 - 12:43 PM

Here is the CCTV footage, Amazon have still not collected their damaged goods, made any offer of rectification or given a refund.
Please feel free to share with everyone you know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkOBMCbg0ho

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 12:56 PM

Just a question? Why is it when anyone says the A word on this thread is it automatically turned in to a link?

Clearly this does not happen for all online companies, so why Ama***?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.