Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

aarrrghh.....Amazon!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014787 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 1:01 PM

..... probably Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Dec 2011 - 1:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 1:02 PM

Then why not an automatic link with WEX or Warehouse Express ?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014787 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 1:36 PM

do both - maximization of profits Wink

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
19 Dec 2011 - 3:09 PM

I've just G+ and tweeting that video.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315202 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 6:01 PM

Are Amazon now delivering there own parcels ?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 6:04 PM

Amazon have become very unpredictable. Sometimes items arrive before the estimated delivery dates........... sometimes they don't arrive at all!

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
19 Dec 2011 - 6:05 PM

Don't know about delivering their own but I have heard that they maybe offering customers a service where they can have the parcel sent to a designated address for later collection. don't know if that'll be a shop or someone's house.

User_Removed
19 Dec 2011 - 6:17 PM

Amazn use several different companies to deliver stuff including Home Delivery Network, Royal Mail, Parcelforce etc.

Scarab, your video shows a courier (who may have thought they were helping you out) throwing stuff over the fence. They are clearly in the wrong and Amazn will no doubt take that up with the courier company.

Why don't you send the damaged stuff back and wait for a refund like others do? They are the terms you did your shopping on? It seems to me you want Amazn to make you a special case?

Last Modified By User_Removed at 19 Dec 2011 - 6:20 PM
Scarab
Scarab  2 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2011 - 8:30 PM

Well guys,

I have had a few developments, earlier on a friend of mine sent the link to the YouTube video to the BBC and ITV news desk's. Within 30 minutes they were on the phone requesting interviews.
I did accept, on the condition that Amazon were given another day to respond and to allow me to inform them of my intentions.

I emailed the MD of Amazons UK's email account advising them of the situation (again) and that the BBC and ITV were interested, but saying I wanted to give them a chance to rectify the situation.
15 minutes later the secretary of Amazon's MD called me saying that they had re-sent the items they had in stock, had issued refunds for those that they couldn't and apparently the MD of Amazon had personally called Nikon UK to ask for a camera and lenses to be sent to me, for delivery by 9am tomorrow morning.

In addition to that they had credited my Amazon account with 150 as a good will gesture.

I must say that I'm incredibly impressed they'd go to such lengths and if they are as good as their word I will be very pleased indeed.
Well done Amazon.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 21 Dec 2011 - 2:55 PM
chris.maddock
19 Dec 2011 - 8:42 PM

Quote: I must say that I'm incredibly impressed they'd go to such lengths

I have to say that I'd be neither impressed nor surprised. Most large companies will go to any lengths to avoid getting bad publicity on national TV, even if it's more than they really should have done in the first place.

BigRick
BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Dec 2011 - 8:42 PM

Quote: Amazn use several different companies to deliver stuff including Home Delivery Network, Royal Mail, Parcelforce etc.

Scarab, your video shows a courier (who may have thought they were helping you out) throwing stuff over the fence. They are clearly in the wrong and Amazn will no doubt take that up with the courier company.

Why don't you send the damaged stuff back and wait for a refund like others do? They are the terms you did your shopping on? It seems to me you want Amazn to make you a special case?

i think they have been renamed Yodel due to bad press. Smile

chris.maddock
20 Dec 2011 - 9:52 PM

Quote: i think they have been renamed Yodel due to bad press. Smile

Dunno if bad press had anything to do with it, but the rebranding happened last year after they bought DHL's Parcelpoint (business-to-business and business-to-consumer) operation.

AntonS
AntonS  3 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2011 - 11:01 PM

Quote: Ordered a significant amount of electronics from them the other day, amongst which is a Nikon J1 and 3 lenses, another Nikkor lens for my D80, an iPod Touch and lots of presents for the wife and kid.

Had it delivered to work as that's manned from 0600-1930 so better than home where there's nobody all day.

Come into work this morning to find a soggy parcel in the middle of the yard and our security man staring at it, its so wet the box has fallen away and so has all the packaging inside, revealing a smashed camera lens and a thoroughly broken iPod Touch

Is that not a Bin Bag the "courier" throws over that fence!?

AntonS
AntonS  3 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2011 - 11:14 PM

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=1974707183&mpage=1&key=�... .....hmmmmm!

User_Removed
21 Dec 2011 - 11:24 AM

This story doesn't add up. I'm wondering if it's been made up by someone with a grudge against the company.

Quote:
a friend of mine sent the link to the YouTube video to the BBC and ITV news desk's. Within 30 minutes they were on the phone requesting interviews

They tend to show videos first then ask questions later, (for example).

How weird they ignored your story when it's their bread and butter. Good that the Amazon-MD rang Nikon (that sounds true snigger)

Last Modified By User_Removed at 21 Dec 2011 - 11:27 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.