Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

aarrrghh.....Amazon!

ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
19 Dec 2011 1:01PM

..... probably Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
19 Dec 2011 1:02PM
Then why not an automatic link with WEX or Warehouse Express ?
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
19 Dec 2011 1:36PM
do both - maximization of profits Wink
Britman 8 1.7k England
19 Dec 2011 3:09PM
I've just G+ and tweeting that video.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
19 Dec 2011 6:01PM
Are Amazon now delivering there own parcels ?
Carabosse e2
11 39.5k 269 England
19 Dec 2011 6:04PM
Amazon have become very unpredictable. Sometimes items arrive before the estimated delivery dates........... sometimes they don't arrive at all!
Britman 8 1.7k England
19 Dec 2011 6:05PM
Don't know about delivering their own but I have heard that they maybe offering customers a service where they can have the parcel sent to a designated address for later collection. don't know if that'll be a shop or someone's house.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2011 6:17PM
Amazn use several different companies to deliver stuff including Home Delivery Network, Royal Mail, Parcelforce etc.

Scarab, your video shows a courier (who may have thought they were helping you out) throwing stuff over the fence. They are clearly in the wrong and Amazn will no doubt take that up with the courier company.

Why don't you send the damaged stuff back and wait for a refund like others do? They are the terms you did your shopping on? It seems to me you want Amazn to make you a special case?
Scarab 2 8 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2011 8:30PM
Well guys,

I have had a few developments, earlier on a friend of mine sent the link to the YouTube video to the BBC and ITV news desk's. Within 30 minutes they were on the phone requesting interviews.
I did accept, on the condition that Amazon were given another day to respond and to allow me to inform them of my intentions.

I emailed the MD of Amazons UK's email account advising them of the situation (again) and that the BBC and ITV were interested, but saying I wanted to give them a chance to rectify the situation.
15 minutes later the secretary of Amazon's MD called me saying that they had re-sent the items they had in stock, had issued refunds for those that they couldn't and apparently the MD of Amazon had personally called Nikon UK to ask for a camera and lenses to be sent to me, for delivery by 9am tomorrow morning.

In addition to that they had credited my Amazon account with 150 as a good will gesture.

I must say that I'm incredibly impressed they'd go to such lengths and if they are as good as their word I will be very pleased indeed.
Well done Amazon.
chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
19 Dec 2011 8:42PM

Quote:I must say that I'm incredibly impressed they'd go to such lengths

I have to say that I'd be neither impressed nor surprised. Most large companies will go to any lengths to avoid getting bad publicity on national TV, even if it's more than they really should have done in the first place.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2011 8:42PM

Quote:Amazn use several different companies to deliver stuff including Home Delivery Network, Royal Mail, Parcelforce etc.

Scarab, your video shows a courier (who may have thought they were helping you out) throwing stuff over the fence. They are clearly in the wrong and Amazn will no doubt take that up with the courier company.

Why don't you send the damaged stuff back and wait for a refund like others do? They are the terms you did your shopping on? It seems to me you want Amazn to make you a special case?

i think they have been renamed Yodel due to bad press. Smile
chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
20 Dec 2011 9:52PM

Quote:i think they have been renamed Yodel due to bad press. Smile

Dunno if bad press had anything to do with it, but the rebranding happened last year after they bought DHL's Parcelpoint (business-to-business and business-to-consumer) operation.
AntonS 3 10 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2011 11:01PM

Quote:Ordered a significant amount of electronics from them the other day, amongst which is a Nikon J1 and 3 lenses, another Nikkor lens for my D80, an iPod Touch and lots of presents for the wife and kid.

Had it delivered to work as that's manned from 0600-1930 so better than home where there's nobody all day.

Come into work this morning to find a soggy parcel in the middle of the yard and our security man staring at it, its so wet the box has fallen away and so has all the packaging inside, revealing a smashed camera lens and a thoroughly broken iPod Touch

Is that not a Bin Bag the "courier" throws over that fence!?
AntonS 3 10 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2011 11:14PM
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
21 Dec 2011 11:24AM
This story doesn't add up. I'm wondering if it's been made up by someone with a grudge against the company.

Quote:
a friend of mine sent the link to the YouTube video to the BBC and ITV news desk's. Within 30 minutes they were on the phone requesting interviews

They tend to show videos first then ask questions later, (for example ).

How weird they ignored your story when it's their bread and butter. Good that the Amazon-MD rang Nikon (that sounds true snigger)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.