Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

aarrrghh.....Amazon!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown
21 Dec 2011 - 11:38 AM

Quote: This story doesn't add up.

My thoughts exactly since near the beginning of the thread.
I haven't bothered to look but how easy is it to find the email address of the MD of Amazon?
I don't supose it's lying about on their website.
Pardon me if I''m wrong but the more I read of this, the more fantastic it becomes.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Dec 2011 - 11:38 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 1:10 PM

Maybe not so fantastic after all. Have a look at this.

mikehit
mikehit  46179 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 1:18 PM

I am not doubting the fact that some couriers are clumsy, but the description the OP gives does not chime with the video.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
21 Dec 2011 - 1:56 PM

It's always fishy when someone joins EPZ just to put something dubious in the forum.

Amazon are a well established and reliable online store. In September I ordered a lawnmower. After waiting all day for the delivery I checked on "Track your order" and discovered it had been delivered the previous day and left in the porch.

I contacted Amazon and told them no-one knocked on the door the previous day, no parcel was left and that I don't have a porch. Amazon apologised and re-ordered a lawnmower which arrived few days later. I was most impressed.

User_Removed
21 Dec 2011 - 2:05 PM

Quote: Have a look at this.

That's the video I pointed out this morning. I'm not sure what your point is.

Mine was that the TV haven't taken up the story, you have to ask why that is.

Jestertheclown
21 Dec 2011 - 3:00 PM

Quote: It's always fishy when someone joins EPZ just to put something dubious in the forum.

Quite. Call me a cynic if you like but this is certainly not the first time it's happened.

Quote: Mine was that the TV haven't taken up the story, you have to ask why that is.

I'm inclined to doubt Chris, whether the TV companies would be particularly interested in this. It certainly isn't newsworthy. It would only interest shows like the ones that Esther Rantzen used to host.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 3:05 PM

Quote: Have a look at this.

That's the video I pointed out this morning. I'm not sure what your point is.

Mine was that the TV haven't taken up the story, you have to ask why that is.

Sorry Chris, I must have missed your post. My point was really just to allow the OP the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure either way.

SophieHart
21 Dec 2011 - 3:31 PM

I think they want their video on Youtube to get so many hits it qualifies for Youtube's advertising and they will then receive payments for each view. It feels like a fake story to me.

Nick_Hilton
21 Dec 2011 - 5:59 PM

I still can't believe with the number of people joining the forums and then posting stuff like this Ephotozine has not places restrictions on new members.
Yes it can be annoying if you want to get stuck into the the site but having a delay or have to post some pictures before contributing the the threads might put some of these pranksters off?

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2011 - 6:51 PM

They've always been good to me, too. Replaced a netbook that wasn't working properly with another before I sent the non-working one back and gave me prepaid packaging for the unreliable item and time to return it. So this story did surprise me a bit. In my case it seemed big A knew their legal duties, and went beyond them.

User_Removed
22 Dec 2011 - 12:31 AM

Quote: I'm inclined to doubt Chris, whether the TV companies would be particularly interested in this. It certainly isn't newsworthy

Sorry, they are, look at the very similar story that I linked to earlier in the thread. I agree with Sophie.

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
22 Dec 2011 - 5:35 PM

well well well,
How things change, if what Sophie says turns out to be true I wish I hadn't help promote the video.

SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
22 Dec 2011 - 7:08 PM

I didn't now that about Youtube. Hmmm.

MrGoatsmilk
23 Dec 2011 - 11:55 AM

Just to speak from experience with Amazon in the past few days...

Couple of weeks ago I ordered the Wonders Collection - Brian Cox

Delivery date passed so I contacted them and within an hour they had despatched another set for next day delivery, that was yesterday still nothing arrived emailed them today and within an hour they have requested a credit to the card it was paid with.

They did offer to send again at their cost but I had edited the address as I saw that the 2nd delivery address had the street name missing but has the house number and postcode so I think it's being held back at the postoffice. After I edited it they could not re despatch as the address as was no longer exists.

Seems like good customer service to me they have been very helpful and amazingly fast to reply especially for a company of their size.

After seeing this for myself I do believe the OP is making it up especially as the video does not contain any logo for Amazon or links to them in anyway from what I can see.

Stuart

Jestertheclown
23 Dec 2011 - 12:57 PM

I've just bought a cheap monopod.
Where from I hear you ask?
Amazon, of course. (That link takes you to it.)
I placed the order just after midday, yesterday and the postman handed it to me at 11.05am. this morning.
Two other items ordered at the same time have, according to my emails, also been despatched.
According to Amazon, none of these items were due to arrive this side of Christmas.
Even if the other stuff doesn't arrive until next week, it won't be any Amazon's fault.

Jester.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.