Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Aberdeen / Grampian Area

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Arcticfox
Arcticfox  9 Scotland
16 Aug 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hi, are there any Epz groups up in this area? If not is anybody interested in meeting for a coffee, with a view to sharing photographic knowledge / experiences / locations / tips etc etc.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Aug 2006 - 10:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

podgod
podgod  10494 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2006 - 11:14 AM

Hi Peter, I stay in Forres so Aberdeen is bit out of my way, but I would be interested in meeting with you or anybody else somewhere in between.

Brad

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Arcticfox
Arcticfox  9 Scotland
16 Aug 2006 - 5:39 PM

Hi Brad, good to see I am not the only one up here, but so far we seem to be alone! Give it a few days and see if any others are about and arrange a common venue.
Will look forward tomeeting in any event.
PS, I am NOWHERE even close to your level of skills, so don't hope for a lot of prof expertise from me, but very willing to learn.

Peter

ruralscotland
16 Aug 2006 - 5:46 PM

Hi Peter

I'm over in Beauly, a little far for me travel over to Aberdeen area, but nice to know there are 'others' here.

Allan

PhilScot
PhilScot  8238 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Aug 2006 - 6:03 PM

I am living in Cullen, not too far from Banff, where you took some of the really nice photos in your portfolio.
I will look out for any possible meet that is arranged.

Phil

Arcticfox
Arcticfox  9 Scotland
17 Aug 2006 - 8:59 AM

Hi Alan and Phil, great to see your responses, lets hope something can be sorted, hoping for some more responses, I will keep link this updated.

Peter

u47sb2
u47sb2  836 forum posts Scotland
17 Aug 2006 - 10:34 PM

I stay mostly in Aberdeen. Back to uni next week but unfortunately I am generally very busy in term time. I'll keep my eye on this thread and any possible meet though. Good to identify other members in this part of the world!
Steven

caledonian
17 Aug 2006 - 11:39 PM

Hi folks. I am a full time pro based in Banff.--you are far from alone.I`ll join you for a beer!!

Arcticfox
Arcticfox  9 Scotland
19 Aug 2006 - 6:06 AM

Hi all, great to see some fellow enthusiasts locally.

So, whats the thinking on a meet, evening, weekend, hotel, pub, partners inc? As for location, along the coast? perhaps Fochabers, that seems sort of central I think, though absolutely no idea of venue there.

Thoughts guys please, all suggestions welcome.

Peter

PS
Tom, seems we are neighbours, did not think there would be someone that close, could travel together if you would like.

Allan, sorry it will probably be a bit far for you, but if things progress maybe a visit your way, I am sure lots of good phot ops there.

Caledonia
Caledonia  8 Scotland
22 Aug 2006 - 7:30 PM

Hi Peter,
Yes Aberdeen is a bit too far for me but thanks for asking, nice to feel included! Hope you have a good turnout and an even better get-together.
Marie

jjmills
jjmills  8153 forum posts Scotland
23 Aug 2006 - 12:55 AM

Hi, I am in Inverness, again Aberdeen it bit too far but it is good to see who is up here.

Was in Banff earlier this year for a long weekend in a Haunted Castle, great coastline. (and the castle was okay too.)

John

Arcticfox
Arcticfox  9 Scotland
23 Aug 2006 - 7:17 AM

Nice to hear from you Marie and John, perhaps catch up sometime.

What castle were you at John?

General all-

Not wishing to seem pushy as not intention and just thought it would be a chance to speak as opposed to typing! but is anybody still keen to meet? posted suggestion on 19th, see above, any thoughts at all guys and girls?

Peter

jjmills
jjmills  8153 forum posts Scotland
23 Aug 2006 - 7:46 AM

Delgatie Castle

podgod
podgod  10494 forum posts Scotland3 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2006 - 8:58 PM

Fochabers sounds good to me, weekends are best for me as I work away quite a bit during the week. I'm not sure of any good photo locations around that area, or were you just thinking of a social meet?

Arcticfox
Arcticfox  9 Scotland
24 Aug 2006 - 4:46 AM

Hi Brad, pleased to hear back from you, open to suggestions about activity for meet, happy for just a chat over some refreshment of some kind and discuss options for a future venue.
Whatever, very happy to go with the flow. Hoping to hear back from Phil and Tom as they seem to be only other locals, perhaps Stephen if he is not away.

OK, be in touch, PS, preference to bring partner or not?

Peter

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.