Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

About to throw my mac through the window

Putnam e2
1 1 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2013 4:32PM
Why oh why oh why can I not upload images from Lightroom 5 to ephotozine? If I export images to iPhoto then they go 'missing' in LR, but when I click upload image on ephotozine, then browse computer, open Lightroom 5 I don't get any images. Please help before the screaming causes the neighbours to report a murder.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
19 Oct 2013 4:39PM

Quote:Why oh why oh why can I not upload images from Lightroom 5 to ephotozine?

I assume it is because ePHOTOzine is not one of Lightroom's Publish Services.

All you need to do is create a folder, say epz, export from LR as a jpg to that folder then from epz upload the image from there.

Suggest you do not throw your mac through the window, just think of the cost of a glazier to replace it Wink
213hardy e2
6 643 England
19 Oct 2013 4:47PM
Don't know, but i suggest instead of throwing mac through window, you go to the shed select the largest hammer you have, then attempt to 'mend' it with that.

It'll be much more satisfying!
indemnity e2
6 331
19 Oct 2013 4:54PM
Rain is forecast so you might have a use for the mac.
Hallie e2
1 166 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2013 4:55PM
Export to desktop and upload from there? That should save yourself a fortune and will probably work Wink
ikett e2
4 372 England
19 Oct 2013 5:17PM

Quote:About to throw my mac through the window
As our school did with 30 of them, well gave them awayGrin
redsnappa e2
12 2.0k United Kingdom
19 Oct 2013 5:30PM
The school I work for have twenty imacs that are 4-5 years old that are going to be skipped, all have various problem with all of them but the real problem is the "repair costs higher than asset value" issue
Putnam e2
1 1 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2013 5:37PM
Thanks! Simple when you know how, though the last time I did something like that, the next time I went into LR the exported photos had gone 'missing'. Seems to have worked this time so thank you for your constructive comments!
Graysta e2
9 1.1k England
19 Oct 2013 5:54PM
The problem is very rarely A Mac issue.
Usually its that we look for more complicated things, and like you say "Simples" often is the way.
For the last week or 2 had a problem with Nik not working in LR but O.K. in PS6.
After various lumps of advice from searches one quoted " try reinstalling nik" well B-g--r me it works
"SIMPLES" as they say.
Dam Meerkats must be an easy life when everything is Bl--dy SIMPLES WinkWink
19 Oct 2013 7:16PM
sticking iphoto in the ibin is a good start.
droberts e2
10 103 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2013 8:05PM
I second that. iPhoto creates all sorts of problems.
Mozzytheboy e2
4 702 3 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2013 8:41PM
I'll third the iphoto skip thing. Still after four years am loving my BIG-MAC Smile

Mozzy
Migster e2
1 84 England
20 Oct 2013 12:51AM
If your Still intent on whizzing your Mac you can throw it through my window if you like.
John
thebigyin e2
9 83 6 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2013 3:31AM

Quote:If your Still intent on whizzing your Mac you can throw it through my window if you like.
John

Not if he throws it through mine first - promised myself a Mac Book Pro next time, and also getting an iPad very soon
Gundog e2
1 624 Scotland
20 Oct 2013 12:17PM
Why not get yourself a Proper Computer instead of the dreaded Fruit Machine?

Blush

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.