Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ACD upgrade

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Sep 2008 - 9:03 PM

Those of you who use ACD Pro2 will probably be aware that there is now a free upgrade available to ACD Pro2.5

I posted this just in case anyone has missed it

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 15 Sep 2008 - 9:04 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Sep 2008 - 9:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    15 Sep 2008 - 9:14 PM

Thanks for that - I hadn't come across it yet.

Brett

User_Removed
    15 Sep 2008 - 9:49 PM

Have you tried it Adrian? It's got a couple of 'quirks' which I'm finding irritating at the moment - one is you can't define a default Editor so you have to click on the drop-down list and select it and as for that pop up when closing that wants to check all files for metadata changes! If you find a way of turning that off I might stick with it.

Thinking of going back to v2 frankly. I certainly don't use any of the manipulation capability but I do like the management side of it.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 15 Sep 2008 - 9:50 PM
    alfpics
    alfpics  12357 forum posts England
    15 Sep 2008 - 11:02 PM

Have upgraded - but it has problems. That embed metadata request can be turned off once you let it run, and then it gves the option to 'not ask anymore'. A big problem is that if you do let it try to embed the metadata, quite a few have found it crash the programme when it gets to a certain file. (for me it was after about 10,000 files with about 17,000 to go!)
    See ACDSee user support forum for this and other aggro!
    Otherwise just great
    Andy

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Sep 2008 - 6:08 AM

Hi Mike..as Andy states above I let it run and then chose the option not to ask

As for the editor open tools,then editor then configure editor...is that what you are looking for?

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 16 Sep 2008 - 6:11 AM
    User_Removed
    16 Sep 2008 - 12:04 PM

Will try that this evening adrian - as for the other thing, in version 2 you could set up a default action on the 'Edit' button so having selected the image required, you just hit the button.

With 2.5 you now have to click on the fiddly litte arrow to the right of the 'Edit' button and select whichever prog you want from those you have loaded. Not good when running a 1680x1050 screen Sad

tomcat
    17 Sep 2008 - 4:43 PM

just a thought Mike, but doesn't right clicking on the image bring up the menu you want?

Adrian

Craftysnapper
    18 Sep 2008 - 6:00 PM

Quote: Will try that this evening adrian - as for the other thing, in version 2 you could set up a default action on the 'Edit' button so having selected the image required, you just hit the button.

With 2.5 you now have to click on the fiddly litte arrow to the right of the 'Edit' button and select whichever prog you want from those you have loaded. Not good when running a 1680x1050 screen

Mike it works exactly the same as in Ver2 you just configure the default editor to be used. On the drop down menu in Edit image button select configure editor then highlight the editor you want by clicking on it then click on the set as default button..easy.

By the way you can also just drag and drop images from ACDsee onto any any imaging icon on your desktop and the image will open up in it. Wink

tomcat
    18 Sep 2008 - 8:19 PM

Love the new image download feature
    Might take a tad longer for them to download but they are then ready to browse

Adrian

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.