Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

ACD upgrade

tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2008 9:03PM
Those of you who use ACD Pro2 will probably be aware that there is now a free upgrade available to ACD Pro2.5

I posted this just in case anyone has missed it

Adrian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 11 455 13 United Kingdom
15 Sep 2008 9:14PM
Thanks for that - I hadn't come across it yet.

Brett
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
15 Sep 2008 9:49PM
Have you tried it Adrian? It's got a couple of 'quirks' which I'm finding irritating at the moment - one is you can't define a default Editor so you have to click on the drop-down list and select it and as for that pop up when closing that wants to check all files for metadata changes! If you find a way of turning that off I might stick with it.

Thinking of going back to v2 frankly. I certainly don't use any of the manipulation capability but I do like the management side of it.
alfpics e2
12 357 England
15 Sep 2008 11:02PM
Have upgraded - but it has problems. That embed metadata request can be turned off once you let it run, and then it gves the option to 'not ask anymore'. A big problem is that if you do let it try to embed the metadata, quite a few have found it crash the programme when it gets to a certain file. (for me it was after about 10,000 files with about 17,000 to go!)
See ACDSee user support forum for this and other aggro!
Otherwise just great
Andy
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2008 6:08AM
Hi Mike..as Andy states above I let it run and then chose the option not to ask

As for the editor open tools,then editor then configure editor...is that what you are looking for?

Adrian
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
16 Sep 2008 12:04PM
Will try that this evening adrian - as for the other thing, in version 2 you could set up a default action on the 'Edit' button so having selected the image required, you just hit the button.

With 2.5 you now have to click on the fiddly litte arrow to the right of the 'Edit' button and select whichever prog you want from those you have loaded. Not good when running a 1680x1050 screen Sad
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2008 4:43PM
just a thought Mike, but doesn't right clicking on the image bring up the menu you want?

Adrian
18 Sep 2008 6:00PM

Quote:Will try that this evening adrian - as for the other thing, in version 2 you could set up a default action on the 'Edit' button so having selected the image required, you just hit the button.

With 2.5 you now have to click on the fiddly litte arrow to the right of the 'Edit' button and select whichever prog you want from those you have loaded. Not good when running a 1680x1050 screen

Mike it works exactly the same as in Ver2 you just configure the default editor to be used. On the drop down menu in Edit image button select configure editor then highlight the editor you want by clicking on it then click on the set as default button..easy.

By the way you can also just drag and drop images from ACDsee onto any any imaging icon on your desktop and the image will open up in it. Wink
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
18 Sep 2008 8:19PM
Love the new image download feature
Might take a tad longer for them to download but they are then ready to browse

Adrian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.