Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ACDSee and Multiple layered TIFFs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    stevekhart
    2 Nov 2006 - 10:07 AM

The RAW files from my P20 back are TIFF files, once they've been through Capture One it adds a thumbnail image to the raw. Trouble is when I view the images in ACDSee after they've been through Capture One, ACDSee only sees the thumbnail not the whole image (it even reckons there's only a single page to each tiff). Anyone know what I can do to get ACDSee to see the full size image? TIA.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Nov 2006 - 10:07 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Elimare
    Elimare  9
    2 Nov 2006 - 12:27 PM

I'm not really sure, but I believe you must upgrade your ACDSee version to ACDSee Pro if you like to see your RAW files proper.
    ACDSeePro features

stevekhart
    2 Nov 2006 - 2:33 PM

Thanks Eli, though I am using Pro and it sees the Raw files fine, just for some reason on these tiff's (which I presume are normal tiffs, though phase one calls them IIQ files) it only shows the thumbnail. weird!

deviant
    deviant  103024 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2006 - 4:17 PM

Sorry to be negative about a product but I stopped using ACDSee Pro after a few days of demo because I found it's handling of TIF's like this to be a bag of cr*p. I use Extensis Portfollio instead now and have no issues.

stevekhart
    2 Nov 2006 - 4:28 PM

that's what I was worried about, but I don't really want to have to change all my software just cos of a new camera Sad
    I'm still tryijng to work out what this file format actually is - Phase One call it IIQ RAW, which capture one obviously recognises and processes, but straight off the card the files have a .tif extension and can be read by ACDSee (sort of!). Can't find any help on the phase one forum, might speak to the dealer.

deviant
    2 Nov 2006 - 4:39 PM

You need Capture One for a P20 back.

stevekhart
    2 Nov 2006 - 4:43 PM

I've got C1 - that's not a problem, but I use ACDSee for organising images from all cameras (Nikon D200, Fuji S3 Pro, and now hassie H1). Once the P20 images a processed to JPG, their fine in ACDSee, it's just the raw files. It's not the end of the world for me, just annoying! Smile

deviant
    2 Nov 2006 - 4:52 PM

Extensis Portfolio 8 will do it.

stevekhart
    2 Nov 2006 - 5:21 PM

Thanks - I'll check it out.

deviant
    2 Nov 2006 - 5:39 PM

They do a full working evaluation. Worth trying.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85862 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2006 - 4:09 PM

have you got ACD set to view all image types???

Adrian

stevekhart
    4 Nov 2006 - 8:52 PM

yep - it can see the "tif"s, however I'm now of the opinion that these raw files aren't strictly tiff's. They're IIQ (Large) Raw files, they just happen to have a ".tif" extension, and acdsee can see them, but can only see the large file if there's no thumbnail.

BTW on a different note, is there any way of seeing the full image in C1 before you process the raw? It says that the preview is only a low res image (and it is!) - but it means you can't check the quality until it's processed. Looks like you have to do a "quick proof" - is that correct?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.