Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

ACDSee and Multiple layered TIFFs

stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 10:07AM
The RAW files from my P20 back are TIFF files, once they've been through Capture One it adds a thumbnail image to the raw. Trouble is when I view the images in ACDSee after they've been through Capture One, ACDSee only sees the thumbnail not the whole image (it even reckons there's only a single page to each tiff). Anyone know what I can do to get ACDSee to see the full size image? TIA.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Elimare e2
9 12
2 Nov 2006 12:27PM
I'm not really sure, but I believe you must upgrade your ACDSee version to ACDSee Pro if you like to see your RAW files proper.
ACDSeePro features
stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 2:33PM
Thanks Eli, though I am using Pro and it sees the Raw files fine, just for some reason on these tiff's (which I presume are normal tiffs, though phase one calls them IIQ files) it only shows the thumbnail. weird!
deviant e2
10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 4:17PM
Sorry to be negative about a product but I stopped using ACDSee Pro after a few days of demo because I found it's handling of TIF's like this to be a bag of cr*p. I use Extensis Portfollio instead now and have no issues.
stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 4:28PM
that's what I was worried about, but I don't really want to have to change all my software just cos of a new camera Sad
I'm still tryijng to work out what this file format actually is - Phase One call it IIQ RAW, which capture one obviously recognises and processes, but straight off the card the files have a .tif extension and can be read by ACDSee (sort of!). Can't find any help on the phase one forum, might speak to the dealer.
deviant e2
10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 4:39PM
You need Capture One for a P20 back.
stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 4:43PM
I've got C1 - that's not a problem, but I use ACDSee for organising images from all cameras (Nikon D200, Fuji S3 Pro, and now hassie H1). Once the P20 images a processed to JPG, their fine in ACDSee, it's just the raw files. It's not the end of the world for me, just annoying! Smile
deviant e2
10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 4:52PM
Extensis Portfolio 8 will do it.
stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 5:21PM
Thanks - I'll check it out.
deviant e2
10 3.0k 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 5:39PM
They do a full working evaluation. Worth trying.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2006 4:09PM
have you got ACD set to view all image types???

Adrian
stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2006 8:52PM
yep - it can see the "tif"s, however I'm now of the opinion that these raw files aren't strictly tiff's. They're IIQ (Large) Raw files , they just happen to have a ".tif" extension, and acdsee can see them, but can only see the large file if there's no thumbnail.

BTW on a different note, is there any way of seeing the full image in C1 before you process the raw? It says that the preview is only a low res image (and it is!) - but it means you can't check the quality until it's processed. Looks like you have to do a "quick proof" - is that correct?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.