Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Acrylic

I noted some excellent photo's where the photographer had used acrylic as a reflective material. Could someone please advise the best outlets for purchasing acrylic. Better still if you live in Germany. However all answers will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Patrick.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2014 4:37PM
Why not contact the photographer who is using the acrylic as a reflective material ?
You would get something much more precise that way.
Thanks for the advice arhb. There is more than one photographer. I'll have to wade through the gallery's.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2014 5:16PM
I would be interested to see what you're liking -
can you remember the photographers name?
Or link when you find an example?
Hi. I'll see if I can a pic but it will take me some time. But when I come across some examples I'll let you know.
Patrick.
bppowell 13 2.1k 2 England
19 Jul 2014 5:37PM
I had a Photo of my granddaughters printed on acrylic by Photobox, I am more than happy with the result.

Barry
Thanks bppowell. What I am after is coloured acrylic, especially black because a contributor or maybe more had some pics on here where the subject items were reflected in the acrylic base. I think there was a chess set or pieces and a line of those Russian Dolls that fit inside each other.
19 Jul 2014 6:13PM
Ebay has all colours listed. Simple search will reveal all.
Thanks Gareth, unfortunately I do not deal with ebay. But yes you are correct.
I found two photo's so far while I'm trawling.
Check out the gallery of ANDYSNAPPER, two nice pics of roses reflected in a black tile he bought. Good idea and nice pics but the reflective properties of acrylic are greater.
Thanks.
Patrick.
19 Jul 2014 6:24PM
Patrick you can also use clear acrylic or glass and put coloured paper under it then you have a choice on the cheap and still produce the same results.
HI Gareth, GREAT TIP. Must admit my grey matter did not consider such an option. Glass table I have. Paper I can buy and I suppose whereas acrylic might easily scratch, glass will not. Good Tip.
Thanks.
Patrick.
Terry L e2
11 580 5 England
19 Jul 2014 8:55PM
Try these people Trent Plastics
Thanks Terry. I did check them out although I am not a user of ebay. They have plenty of options for colour and sizes but also it looks like they do not post outside the U.K.
Thank you for the input.
Patrick.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
20 Jul 2014 6:46PM
I misunderstood your OP Patrick - I'm pleased you got some help in the right direction.
Thanks arhb. No probs. Scouting around electro scrap yards now, looking for acrylic lids and stuff off old printers etc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.