Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Acrylic Prints

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kevspiers
    kevspiers  867 forum posts
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:26 AM

Hi I am looking at large landscape (50") one printed.

I have had a search about with Google and searched on here, from what I now understand I have three options

1, A regular print glued to acrylic
    2, Printed sticky backed plastic attached to acrylic
    3, Direct print to acrylic

My feeling is direct print would be better (the others could wrinkle on the mount points?) does anybody have experience of or a preference?

And lastly would you recommend anybody?

Sorry for all the questions but 200 plus on one print, I value your experience over a search engine.

Kev

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93496 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:44 AM

Hi...occasionally toyed with this idea myself so watching thread with interest, but my feelings are it's 'gotta be 3.

.....Mike

kevspiers
    29 Jan 2012 - 10:25 AM

Agreed but suppliers are a shall we say thin on the ground

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8980 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 2:32 PM

Kev, I have never had an acrylic print done but for any important prints I use http://loxleycolour.com/acryliclifestyle.aspx
    Give them a ring they will advise you on which is best. They ain't the cheapest in the world but quality is foremost.

Gareth

Les_G
    Les_G  7148 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 3:31 PM

I've had a few acrylic prints done and for me whitewall was the best. One aspect to consider which is not well documented by the vendors is how the acrylic attaches to the wall.
    Whitewall's method which uses metal runners is very secure and stable, and well engineered. Photobox was a couple of cheap blocks of wood, although the print itself looked fine.

arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72231 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 4:59 PM

I have an acrylic print done by Loxley - they have a good variety of styles and great quality - highly recommended.

TreeHugga
    TreeHugga  745 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Jan 2012 - 9:56 AM

Let me know if you find someone who can do 50" acrylics, that's pretty big!

kevspiers
    30 Jan 2012 - 8:28 PM

Thanks all.
    Loxley seem to do 5mm I doubt that will be rigid enough? I will call them tomorrow

kevspiers
    4 Feb 2012 - 12:19 PM

Crikey this is getting tough, nobody returns calls nowadays? So much for a recession they must be so busy?

kevspiers
    26 Mar 2012 - 9:43 PM

OK after lots more investigation and a trip to Focus to actually meet someone and not relay on an email or phone call. I am about the receive my acrylic from The Print Foundry. They seem competitive on price and very helpful in the information side. More than I can say about the other shower who I ordered with mid December and to date have rang me oh let me count 0 times despite many many chase calls and jokes about missed deal lines and of course you will have it by Easter!! My shutter button! Still lesson leaned and looking forward to tomorrow.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.