Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Adding an image to a custom page?!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    seanquinn
    seanquinn  2 United Kingdom
    22 Apr 2013 - 9:42 PM

Hi, just wondering how I could insert an image in to a custom page?
    I know its possible on the homepage, however ive tried countless ways and cant succeed in doing so on a custom one.
    Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Apr 2013 - 9:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84310 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 7:46 AM

Go to the Home page and click on 'Customise Homepage' (green panel at the top) - a panel comes up, on which you can choose (by ticking boxes) which features are shown there. I don't think you can put one of your images there.

Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick - what exactly do you mean by a 'Custom' page?

Last Modified By KarenFB at 23 Apr 2013 - 7:48 AM
    seanquinn
    seanquinn  2 United Kingdom
    23 Apr 2013 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the response,
    You have the option of creating custom pages. These are additional pages which go beyond the selection provided default within a template.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84310 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2013 - 6:57 AM

I didn't realise you could do that!!

Unless you are talking about the 'Album' feature?

Perhaps the best thing to do is scroll down to the bottom of the page and 'Contact Support', I'm sure one of the guys-in-the-back-room will be able to help you. Smile

Last Modified By KarenFB at 24 Apr 2013 - 6:58 AM
    rbd
    rbd  6 Australia
    28 Apr 2013 - 7:27 AM

To insert an image in a Custom Page, click on "image" in the tool bar. This will take you to the image browser. Click on the "upload button" and select the required image from your library. When the thumbnail appears, click on it and it will load into your page. Size the image as required and you are done. Hope this helps.

KarenFB
    28 Apr 2013 - 8:03 AM

I'm starting to feel really thick - where is the 'Custom Page'?

rbd
    rbd  6 Australia
    30 Apr 2013 - 3:06 AM

Thick you are not. It's all a bit fiddly but it will come together.
    Go to Pages tab in your admin area and click on "Custom Pages". Click on "Create New Page", give it a title and off you go. When completed, go to the Layout tab in the admin area and click on "Website Menu", name it and this is what will appear on your website menu bar.

KarenFB
    30 Apr 2013 - 7:28 AM

Lol!!! I am thick!! Grin

Your reply got me REALLY confused (a foreign language!).................'This doesn't sound at all like EPZ!' I was thinking. So I looked at the title, no help there. Then I looked at the words under the title.

*Clang*

Quote: Forums > foliopic discussion > Adding an image to the custom page?!

Huge apology - I should have kept my mouth shut (or rather, my fingers still), I know nothing about the foliopic area!! Sorry!

I hope 'rbd' has answered the poster's question. Grin

Last Modified By KarenFB at 30 Apr 2013 - 7:29 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.