Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Adobe camera raw-650d help!!

MikeWh 3 59 United Kingdom
6 May 2013 9:05PM
Hi !! Although Adobe do list the 650d in camera raw, it won't recognise the files!! ... This is a big big set back for me unless I can resolve it.....I have lightroom, which does, but I will have to learn it from scratch!! Anyone had this problem and fixed it???....Many thanks..Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
6 May 2013 9:15PM
What software doesn't recognise it?

Ken
6 May 2013 9:20PM
I killed my 550d & was using CS5 with Adobe camera raw.. I have CS6 also but neither will work ... Mike
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
6 May 2013 9:27PM
Have you checked for CS6 updates?

Ken
franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
6 May 2013 9:31PM
If you need to process some images in a hurry until you've found the solution you could use the Adobe DNG converter?

link here if any good.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5569
capto e2
2 1.5k 7 United Kingdom
6 May 2013 10:56PM
I have the 650D and CS6 and raw files are recognised, but only after I had updated.
12 May 2013 10:18AM
Many thanks for replies on this!! I think I've resolved my own issue with this now!! If anyone has a 650d, Lightroom & CS5, & has the same problem, try this!! In Lightroom, right click on image & go to edit- & down to open in photoshop as smart object... Right click on the layer & click "New layer via copy" Then double click on the picture icon in the top layer... This will open camera raw in CS5 ..... What a pain!!!....Mike

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.