Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Adobe CS6 - going cheap?

fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
9 Jan 2013 10:44AM
Has anyone bought software from UKtechstore or isoftware, both of whom are offering CS6 for under 400?

I tend to the view that the prices are suspicious but, on the other hand, may be too good to miss. As usual, google searches bring up contradictory information so if anyone here can shed any light I'd be grateful.

Fraser

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 11:21AM
Try this link if you have children in full time education you can save loads of cash.
photoshop cs6
You can download the software or order the disc.
It's where I get my stuff and totally legit.
Hope this helps someone Grin
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 11:22AM
Just checked CS6 is disc only sorry but most other stuff is downloadable.
Anyway worth the wait for the price
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
9 Jan 2013 11:24AM
I think the likelihood is that you'd be buying an American version of CS6, and I don't know how legit that is. Certainly Adobe don't allow any overseas purchasing from their online store. At the same time their 'export rules' don't seem to specifically prohibit it, subject to local governing laws and embargoed countries.
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
9 Jan 2013 12:19PM
Thanks Sitan and Glen. Unfortunately I don't have a full time student in the family so can't go down that route. AS for the american version I'll do a bit more research to see if that could be an issue.
sitan1 e2
6 565 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2013 12:24PM
Can't you borrow a student, maybe a relative,(cousin perhaps) just keep them in a cupboard lol.
LesleyJ e2
7 144 England
2 Feb 2013 10:43PM
I have just bought the student version. Under 200 from Adobe UK website for CS6 extended. (2 sons Still at secondary School) One doing Art so he will prob us it for his photgraphy/didgital art assignment.
LV426 e2
5 7 4 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2013 11:34PM
If you go on the Adobe.com website you can "Rent" or "Subcribe" a version of PS6 for a year. That's around 18 a month. So that's around 220 a Year!
Not bad if you ask me.
You get PS6 (32 + 64 version) and Bridge6
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
8 Feb 2013 11:38AM
Thanks all for your comments. Ended up getting CS5 (full registered version) for just under 400. A bit more than the student version of CS6 but it does the job for me.

LV426 - I had thought about the subscription service but my internet connection is dog slow so I didn't want to rely on a cloud-based service.

Fraser
pmorgan e2
8 217 13 England
8 Feb 2013 11:55AM

Quote:I had thought about the subscription service but my internet connection is dog slow so I didn't want to rely on a cloud-based service.

Not sure if it will influence your decision, but the software does actually get installed on your PC the cloud element is just for license checks. You also get 20GB of storage.
fraser e2
10 631 14 Scotland
8 Feb 2013 12:19PM
Too late Paul, the deed is done.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
8 Feb 2013 12:54PM
I couldn't see enough change in CS6 to tempt me to subscribe, as an existing CS5 owner, and generally the idea of Adobe leaching money from me every month is less attractive than having to occasionally chuck large sums of money at them. Hopefully it'll still be possible to upgrade every two versions, although as Adobe have already yanked on that particular rug it seems far from certain.
8 Feb 2013 2:31PM
Though I have just upgraded from CS4 to CS6, I have not found anything significant that was worth the 180. To be honest I do most of my editing in LR4 using Oloneo and Topaz so PS is only used for a few things most of which could be done in an earlier version or Elements. I only upgraded because, if I did not do so before 31 Dec, I would not be able to do so. There would now have to be something amazing to persuade me to update again or use the subscription service.

Dave
wasper e2
8 532 1 Ireland
8 Feb 2013 2:36PM
Or share the student version with another user. After all adobe allows 2 machines to use the same serial no. So you half the cost of the student version.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
8 Feb 2013 6:40PM

Quote:After all adobe allows 2 machines to use the same serial no.

But not, as I understand it, at the same time. That could be a stumbling block.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.