Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Adobe CS6

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 8283 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 4:41 PM

I have used CS4 plus an upgrade for some years starting out with PS4 when I was very green, I bought it off Ebay and when it arrived it didnt work. I got in touch with the seller and he talked me through it (put this here and that there, I guess it was duff and not the real deal) however we got it to work and it was cheap. I realise now I should have sent it back and asked for a refund. From there I upgraded to CS5 and from there things went swimmingly but I now have a new PC - PS 4 says access denied, without it CS5 wont work and I have 400 RAW files to edit. I have LR but I am frustrated having tried to import and make a collection, for the moment I have given up, I do not have the first clue, I bought the book but following instructions as I read is beyond me.

MY QUESTION - has anybody had dealings with http://www.isoftware.co.uk/products/adobe/photoshop--c11.html ? cheaper than Amazon and I am desperate, I didnt want to go back to shooting jpg - thought I would ask members before I jump Smile its a lorra dosh but I didnt like Elements.
thanks peeps Ann

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 May 2013 - 4:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8997 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 4:59 PM

download cs6 trial from adobe to help for now and if you buy it elsewhere then just input the serial and of you go.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 5:02 PM

It is a shame if you have given up on Lightroom, especially if it is LR 4 as the results you can get are really good.

Take a look at Julieanne Kost's video tutorials
Scroll down to March 5 2012 for the Lightroom 4 - Importing & Organizing Your Images and see if it helps with the import / organizing.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 11 May 2013 - 5:03 PM
pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 8283 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 5:06 PM

I havent given up total JJGEE - just for the time being as I have spent all week trying one thing and another but thanks, I am sure I will crack it eventually - just been out of action for 3 months with food poisoning and now I am ready for the off I cant get things to work my waySmile

nevtrev
nevtrev  1
11 May 2013 - 5:19 PM

did you disable PS4 from your old PC? that may have stopped you accesing it on your new one?

pluckyfilly
11 May 2013 - 5:30 PM

Quote: Did you disable PS4 from your old PC? that may have stopped you accesing it on your new one?

No I didnt but that doesnt come into it really as I tried it as an exercise on my laptop and it says access denied - it was duff in the first place:Sad the old machine has been wiped now ready for disposal by an IT engineer

AlanPerkins
11 May 2013 - 5:36 PM

Before you use that company, take a look at This: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=463589

It doesn't look particularly promising!

pluckyfilly
11 May 2013 - 5:39 PM

thanks Alan, going to look nowSmile

pluckyfilly
11 May 2013 - 5:41 PM

dont think I will risk it - thanks Smile

Paintman
Paintman e2 Member 8862 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom173 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 5:47 PM

If your copy won't work as it's not genuine you could subscribe for a monthly fee and have access to all of Adobe's products. You'll then be able to upgrade to their latest versions at no extra cost. This seems to be the way Adobe are going to work in future. All it'll mean is you'll have to pay them for the rest of your life, a bit like taxSmile

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8997 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 5:50 PM

and they can f**k off Tongue

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 11 May 2013 - 5:52 PM
pluckyfilly
11 May 2013 - 6:07 PM

Wink norty Gareth but your right of course

Jestertheclown
11 May 2013 - 6:14 PM

Hi Ann,

Photoshop CS2 is currently available for nothing, as in completely free, along with a whole host of other old Adobe stuff.
It's obviously not quite cutting edge these days but it's still a very capable piece of software, even if you only use it as a stopgap.

Hope this helps.

Bren.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 6:19 PM

When you say CS6 I presume you mean just the Photoshop part.

Seems Adobe have you over a barrel the same as everyone else in that you either need to buy from a third party dealer ( Amazon ) or take the subscription route that Adobe now offer.

OR

You could do all the things you would find in Photoshop, By using its baby brother " Elements ".. enough for 99.9% of the amateur market, With bang up to date RAW capability to, With Layers and all sorts of nice stuff.....Grin

What's more its cheaper to.....Wink

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 6:30 PM

Quote: currently available for nothing, as in completely free

I have a nasty suspicion that Adobe has tried to close the door on this option ( despite it still being shown ) The web page link is dated in January 2013, It was after that date that Adobe found out that many where using this to run on the very latest Windows OS and in 32 & 64bit to boot.

So they announced to the world that Photoshop CS2 was not compatible with blah blah & blah, Then came up with a real goody by stating that the " Activation " servers for said software had " Gone Down " probably permanently......!!!!

Coincidence or what....Wink

Still its worth a try, IF you don't mind the faffing around with DNG conversions from RAW where required, Applies if your camera was made after the CS2 programmes where replaced by 3/4/5/6 etc.

Still there is the good old manufacturers software, ie: Nikons ViewNX2 does a nice job on Nikon RAW files, Or Canons DPP for you Canon shooters, Convert to 8 or 16bit Tiffs and pixel bash to your hearts content in anything that works with TIFF files.....Grin

Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 11 May 2013 - 6:35 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.