Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Adobe CS6

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 7:00 PM

What version of LR have you got, if its v3 you can upgrade to 4 with very little outlay.

And if its layers you need you may as well just add Elements.

I stopped using LR for a while, it just ran to slow, I then added a little extra ram to my 5 year old Pc and it now flies.

A few years ago I won a Colour Checker Passport in an EPZ Christmas draw, I superb bit of software that intergrates with LR perfectly, I can`t do without it now Smile

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 11 May 2013 - 7:03 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 May 2013 - 7:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 7:15 PM

From Adobe on CS2...

Quote: Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 11 May 2013 - 7:16 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214388 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 7:26 PM

And CS2 will be pretty useless with current Raw files.

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 7:35 PM

thanks I have just found out how to convert to Tiff from RAW using NX2 and edit in adobe but CS6 is another kettle of fish I like to add a border and for the life of me I cant find out how - I guess I will crack it sometime Winkit was the conversion of RAW to Tiff that was stopping me from using
CS - its a new camera that came out after CS5 was releasedSmile My LR is 4.5 as I updated it and its new to me I have to learn that as well, dont have a clue as to what I am doing Wink

Last Modified By pluckyfilly at 11 May 2013 - 7:36 PM
Jestertheclown
11 May 2013 - 7:52 PM

The bit about 'legitimately purchased' was added as an afterthought when Adobe realised what they'd done.
When they originally posted the page about their servers being deactivated etc., CS2 was freely available to anyone.
The red writing came later.
There was a lot of talk about whether or not it was morally/ethically correct to download but I never saw a word written about its legality.
Adobe, for their part, have done nothing to prevent or dissuade people from using the downloads, which as Vince points out, have been available for months now and were still available last week.
I know that because I know someone that downloaded it.

Jestertheclown
11 May 2013 - 7:54 PM

Quote: And CS2 will be pretty useless with current Raw files.

Why so Paul?

I don't use Photoshop to convert my raw files.

Paul Morgan
11 May 2013 - 7:54 PM

Borders and frames are pretty easy to do within LR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaPTc1NYbY

pluckyfilly
pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 8:06 PM

Bren your a star I didnt see your message first time around, was getting myself into a bit of a state but have used NX to convert and can now edit in PS but 6 is another story I cant find the stroke item I like to use Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2013 - 9:41 PM

Quote: The bit about 'legitimately purchased' was added as an afterthought when Adobe realised what they'd done.

Doesnt matter, its there and to advise people to downloading now is misleading at best.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 11 May 2013 - 9:42 PM
pluckyfilly
11 May 2013 - 9:43 PM

sorted thanks Peeps I convert in NX then edit for the moment in CS6 - LR comes later

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.