Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

adobe elements

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    neilnjackson
    2 Sep 2011 - 5:43 PM

Hi some info, on sony a580 dslr camera you will be unable to edit raw file in adobe elements, alas i only found this out, when after several weeks of learning all about my 6 week old upgraded a580 it would not edit or load raw files. After a full day speaking to sony and adobe with little concern from them both, my local Jessops store was able to tell me that my new camera was 6.3, older ones are 6.2, which is why i was unable to edit/upload my raw images ,managed later that night on a flikr forum it is well known, in feb this year that there was a problem with raw files, some guy had managed in a long round about way to do this but so far i haven't been able to.

Hope this helps anyone with a sony a560-a580 dslrs.

The good news i had not sold my old a200, so at least in the short term, i can use it to shoot raw and use the a580 in jpeg and video.

Neil

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Sep 2011 - 5:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
    franken e2 Member 113106 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Sep 2011 - 6:07 PM

Some older versions of elements are not updated when new cameras come along. What version are you using?

I don't know anything about Sony cameras but I'm sure there was software supplied with the camera that will allow you to process raw files.

Another alternative is to download a free DNG raw converter from the Adobe site.

Ken

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 11112 forum postsnikon vcard England
    2 Sep 2011 - 7:16 PM

Two days ago put my camera away (canon 40D) and it had been working O.K. Switched it on today to find that the mirror went to a locked up positon. Camera auto focuses, and meters and takes a shot which displays on the rear screen, but the view finder is blank.
    Removed all batteries and rested the camera. Re-inserted the batteries and set the required date time etc; but the fault remains. (leaving on holiday this week HELL, Will have to resort to an ancient 10D and a G9 for the trip).
    Has anyone come across a simular problem of a mirror frozen in the up position.
    Contacted one repair company Euro Hi Tech who quoted 169:99 over the phone for a repair but could not say what was causing the fault. If anyone has any recommendations for repair companies in the London and South East I would appreciate.

Dave.

Last Modified By nikon at 2 Sep 2011 - 7:18 PM
    neilnjackson
    2 Sep 2011 - 7:38 PM

hi franken i have elements 8 and two days ago downloaded a free trial of elements 9 neither work in raw files nor does dng the info i got from flickr seems the best i'll keep trying

thanks Neil

mikehit
    mikehit  56329 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Sep 2011 - 7:40 PM

Nikon - did you post in two different threads by accident?

nikon
    nikon e2 Member 11112 forum postsnikon vcard England
    3 Sep 2011 - 6:59 PM

Quote: Nikon - did you post in two different threads by accident?

Yes I did make an error with the first post. Posting is a relatively new experience for me.

neilnjackson
    4 Sep 2011 - 10:02 PM

Quote: Some older versions of elements are not updated when new cameras come along. What version are you using?

I don't know anything about Sony cameras but I'm sure there was software supplied with the camera that will allow you to process raw files.

Another alternative is to download a free DNG raw converter from the Adobe site.

Ken

hi ken cheers for info managed to get round adobe by downloading picasa work in raw save pic then upload to adobe 8 a bit slow but better than sony raw
    Smile

mlewis
    mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Sep 2011 - 12:29 PM

Quote: Hi franken i have elements 8 and two days ago downloaded a free trial of elements 9 neither work in raw files nor does dng the info i got from flickr seems the best i'll keep trying

thanks Neil

You need to update ACR in Elements.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.