Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Adobe going subscription only.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95932 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2013 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Today I look in to see how the discussion is going and find my post has vanished. Perhaps someone on the staff could suggest a reason why?

Not the first time it has happened to me, but always the same stock answerSad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 May 2013 - 8:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown

Happens to me too, although half of mine actually do get removed!

JJGEE
JJGEE  96339 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Been an interesting read on several forums over the last couple of days but at the end of the day does not affect me so I am not going to bother about it. ( not that I did anyway )

I will upgrade to Lightroom 5, which should be OK for my needs for a few years.

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 9:36 AM

Quote: Will this stop piracy.. NO Some cleaver chaps will patch the software so it thinks you have a subscription.

I don't think this is intended to stop piracy, but to give an option to people who cannot afford the 600+ price in one hit. Previously these people had the choice of not using the software or using a naughty copy. Now, they have a more affordable way to buy.

I have been using the 'cloud' subscription for the past year. I had to replace a computer, and did not have a version compatible windows 7, and did not have an 'upgrade' path - so had to buy 'new'. The 600+ price was a real barrier, however the 17.50 a month was affordable, so I went for that.

That works out at about 58p per day - and I do genuinely use it almost every day.

The other advantage for Adobe is that, as upgrades are not included as part of the deal, they no longer need to support and develop multiple versions at once.

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 9509 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
10 May 2013 - 9:50 AM

Here is an alternative view on the subject. Don't open if you're offended by coarse language!

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 10 May 2013 - 9:52 AM
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64533 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

What wonderful acting. Such passion and fury over a poxy Adobe upgrade! Just think what he could do in a proper role.
Tops. Smile

MrDennis
MrDennis  5229 forum posts Wales
15 May 2013 - 7:04 PM

Lets be honest folks--There is No problem really, is there ?
I stopped cataloging my files in Lightroom a long time ago..Why you may ask, because I don't need a catalog system.
All my Folders are dated and named. Every JPG I have used for Comps or Internationals are in the Folders for those comps etc. so I know how to find them and not duplicate them. Same with my Tiffs & Raw..
After I have opened my RAW file in ANY program and do the Lightness/Darkness etc. I then open it in Photoshop 5 (which will always be there), then I Save As TIFF. You can still do things with Tiff as you can with psd. I never use psd files. How did you EVER manage before RAW. Other programs do RAW. Ignore Adobe and get what you can afford now and keep it. It's yours FOREVER..NO CC, NO Monthly Payments, so in the end Adobe will lose out.
REMEMBER. Those that can afford it and need it will go CC. The rest of us can sit back and LAUGH at those who do, because they like to WASTE their cash FOREVER and Not own it. I pay for my car Monthly, but it is MINE when the last payment is payed.

Those who NEED Photoshop for this NEW add-on of Blur, to correct your blur and make it sharp (whatever it is called) Is NOT a photographer.
Proper Photographers do NOT use Blurred images..GOOD Photographers do not Take Blurred images. WE take SHARP images. Smile
Keep On Photographing. Be Safe. Take Care.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.