Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

adobe lightroom 4.3

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    PJImage
    PJImage  753 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Feb 2013 - 2:26 PM

Hi is there anyone can help me, purchased Lightroom 4 and updated to Ver 4.3 , however it will not download any images from my Nikon D800 is there any one who can help please.

Regards

P.J.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Feb 2013 - 2:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  56748 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2013 - 3:13 PM

Are you downloading straight from the camera (using the camera as a card reader) or through a standalone card reader?
    Are you importing them using LR alone, or via NX2?

PJImage
    3 Feb 2013 - 3:16 PM

Thanks for coming back to me Mikehit,I was connecting camera directly with download wire into computer and then lightroom only.

Regards

p.j.

User_Removed
    3 Feb 2013 - 3:18 PM

I have the same combination - Lightroom 4.3 and Nikon D800.

As soon as I plug my card reader (with the card inserted) into my PC, Lightroom automatically launches and gives me the Import screen with the files on my card ready to be downloaded (to the location of my choice) and imported into the LR catalogue with the keywords, etc., of my choice.

Maybe if you could explain at what point the processes fails for you, we could offer some suggestions.

PJImage
    3 Feb 2013 - 3:23 PM

Thank you Leftforum, I have not used a card reader as on my D200,D3 I have always plugged the camera in directly.
    Are you saying you can only download via a card reader.

Regards

P.J.

andymcdonald
    3 Feb 2013 - 4:50 PM

I'd check your USB settings in your D800 - there are generally two modes. One for connecting to a PC to upload files and one to connect to a PC and use the camera tethered (certainly on my D200 there is).

Railcam
    Railcam  8481 forum posts Scotland
    3 Feb 2013 - 5:06 PM

I had a D200 and when I plugged it into my PC it appeared as another external drive.

However, my current D700 does not appear as another drive and I have to use Nikon Transfer (which came with the camera) to transfer my RAW files to my PC. I then "ADD" the downloaded images to LR4.3.

Perhaps that is the reason you cannot load direct to Lightroom.

User_Removed
    3 Feb 2013 - 8:20 PM

Quote: Thank you Leftforum, I have not used a card reader as on my D200,D3 I have always plugged the camera in directly.
    Are you saying you can only download via a card reader.

Regards

P.J.

No, PJ. You can download using the direct USB connection - but it is better practice to use a card reader (far cheaper to replace if anything wears out).

Even using a direct connection, as soon as you plug it in, Lightroom should show your D800 as a "Source" in the left-hand panel of the Import screen. If it doesn't, there is something wrong with your connection or card - not with Lightroom (and hopefully not with your camera).

Railcam
    Railcam  8481 forum posts Scotland
    3 Feb 2013 - 8:33 PM

Following LeftForum's comments I have just connected my D700 to the PC and in Lightroom 4.3/Library Module/Import it recognised the D700 and altered the import method to "Copy". It should work the same with your D800.

I have learned something. Thanks LeftForum

Nick_w
    Nick_w  73910 forum posts England99 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2013 - 8:43 PM

Have you formatted the card to the D800? I made that mistake. Also a card reader will make a big difference (particularly if usb3), as will read speeds of the card, remember the D800 has huge file sizes.

mikehit
    3 Feb 2013 - 9:08 PM

When you import directly from the camera, I believe that an import to the computer is done via NX2 and there are several posts on the internet about problems between NX and LR for the D800. Some have said that updating NX can cure it.
    I suggest you try a card reader first and if that works it means the problem is not the D800 format. Then you can start to eliminate other causes.

PJImage
    4 Feb 2013 - 11:04 AM

Many Thanks to all who responded,

I tried using a card reader and this downloads fine, I still cannot understand why it will not download directly from the camera.
    However, it would be usefull if Adobe provided detailed instructions on their products, I have just spent 2 Hrs trying to get through to help desk.

Many Thanks Everybody.

Pete Jordan

mikehit
    4 Feb 2013 - 11:28 AM

Are you running Mac of PC? If you google 'D800 lightroom 4' there seems to be a particular issue there. Even if running a PC, some have found a reinstall of NX2 helps.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.