Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Adobe Lightroom Conundrum

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    27 Feb 2011 - 6:48 PM

Help!!

I am almost certain that, in Lightroom 1 and Lightroom 2 there was some sort of facility (whether the default setting or something I had to set as a preference, I cannot recall), whereby "portrait" format images were automatically imported so that the thumbnails appeared the right way round.

In Lightroom 3 I cannot find a way of doing that - with the result that when I import a few dozen images that are mixed landscape and portrait, I have to individually click on the rotation icons to get the portrait ones the right way up.

Am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Feb 2011 - 6:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    28 Feb 2011 - 10:13 AM

Thanks Chris.

Unfortunately that discussion (and similar ones that I found) are about eccentric response to the "rotate image" buttons - rotating halfway, etc.

That is another problem I have noticed but my real problem is that Lightroom 3 does not seem to automatically display the thumbnails in portrait format upon import, in the way that LR1 and 2 did.

Any other LR3 users on here who have noticed this problem and - if so - did you find a preferences setting to correct it?

seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7576 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    28 Feb 2011 - 6:11 PM

It works fine for me (LR 3 on a Mac). Rotation should be automatic, I can't find a pref setting for this. I'll search in my LR handbook and get back to this discussion later.

jarendell
    jarendell  795 forum posts Spain2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2011 - 7:02 PM

Does your camera have a "Rotation" facility in the menu options?Wink

User_Removed
    1 Mar 2011 - 10:09 AM

Yes. Both my Nikon D300 and D3s are set to automatically rotate the LCD image (and do).

User_Removed
    22 Mar 2011 - 12:11 PM

Got something wrong somewhere along the line on this one.

Just back from a long weekend in Madrid, on which I took my D300 rather than the D3s.

Imported the 200+ images from the card into Lightroom 3 and, yes, all the portrait ones are standing up correctly.

So, it seems to be a problem with the D3s rather than Lightroom itself.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Mar 2011 - 12:11 PM
    Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73903 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2011 - 12:16 PM

Is it in the preferences - where you save unique to camera & model (not at desktop now so cant look) - You probably inadvertantly unchecked the rotate image in the preferences saved as camera default. When you use the D300 it then goes to the default settings rather than unique to camera & serial number.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.