Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Advice on new PC and Monitor please!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414.
Leif
Leif  9722 forum posts
7 Oct 2012 - 8:23 PM

I might be stating something that is obvious to you, but you must calibrate your monitor. I've used loads of monitors for the various jobs I've done over the years, and they are all fairly horrible without calibration. I sometimes take a calibrator into work and run it on the monitor I am currently using, so during my breaks I can see colours more accurately.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Oct 2012 - 8:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
lawbert  71641 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 3:20 PM

Quote: I've tried configuring a Dell XPS 8500 but I can't seem to avoid getting things that I don't want or need - like a mouse, or Xbox or MS Office.

I want to configure an i7 with 12gb RAM and an SSD boot disk from a brand or builder I can trust.

What attracts me to Dell is the quality of the cases and how quiet new Dells tend to be. Surely there's a way to configure them without being forced into certain choices?

I wouldnt be put off Chris by the base specs of the XPS 8500, A mouse etc adds very little to the final total....The Xboxes and Office are genuinely free, (Ive been watching the prices for quite a while) and you can sell them on.

Configure one as best you can to your requirements and then get your extra ram and ssd from crucial...I just bought a 128gb SSD with fitting kit for 81.20 and she fairly zips along now!!

Theres 10% off everything today plus if you go over 899 you can take another 120 off with free delivery....They really are very good valueWink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.