Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Advice on where to stay close to the West Midlands

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    teabelly
    teabelly  332 forum posts England
    2 Mar 2013 - 9:21 PM

I am going to be working in Dudley for about a few days and thought whilst I was travelling so far I would try and do a bit of work for a few days and a bit of photography at the same time. I am into Landscape photography but where can I stay that is photogenic, has good internet signal, and is roughly an hourish from Dudley ????

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Mar 2013 - 9:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111913 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Mar 2013 - 9:34 PM

You could try the cave houses of Kinver Edge in nearby Stourbridge.

teabelly
    2 Mar 2013 - 9:42 PM

Hi Redsnappa, Wow they look a cool place to visit - had hoped that I could have camped there for 4/5 days GrinGrinGrin
    Really trying to find a house to rent/ B and B in a good area that I can explore..
    Will have to check out Kinver Edge it looks sooo interesting that is straight on the list of must places GrinGrin

llareggub
    llareggub  4683 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Mar 2013 - 9:44 PM

I was born in Birmingham and lived most of my life there but I'm afraid that I don't really know great deal about north of the city, getting south of Birmingham from Dudley is a real pain.

You will be within an hour of lots of incredible countryside but if your are a stranger to Urban landscapes then Dudley, Wolverhampton, Birmingham all offer you a wonderful opportunity to take the sort of photographs you like to take wit a slightly different "spin". Birmingham also has an array of wonderful "urban" parks that are amazing, take an early morning or evening stroll around, Sutton Park or Canon Hill Park (the later being 2 or 3 miles from the Centre of Birmingham), the Lickey hills are a wonderful memory of childhood but probably a shade over an hour from Dudley depending on the time and method of your travel.

The Midlands are a famed home of industry and incredibly interesting, so maybe go and see what it really is rather than leaving for pretty landscapes, says the man that left Brum to become a farmer in rural Hungary Wink

Last Modified By llareggub at 2 Mar 2013 - 9:45 PM
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85912 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Mar 2013 - 10:01 PM

Premier Inn at Hagley

Not the Hagley Rd, but Hagley itselfSmile

Staying there myself for one night, at the end of the month

Adrian

JulianRRouse
    2 Mar 2013 - 10:35 PM

any where north worcester area - malvern if you can for the scenery
    or out into Shropshire

NGW
    NGW  2 United Kingdom
    2 Mar 2013 - 11:09 PM

I live near to dudley and would stay somewhere on the A449 in between Stourbridge and Wombourne/Penn there are plenty of hotels or large pubs with accommodation. You can then visit places like Himley Hall, Baggeridge woods/pools or out towards Telford/Ironbridge, there is also Black Country Museum which is a must for visitors to dudley and we have a zoo and a very large canal network.

hope this helps

Nick

teabelly
    3 Mar 2013 - 8:29 PM

I have made a note of all the lovely places you have recommended, it looks like I will not be stuck of things to do - really excited now about my visitGrin

Thank you so very much for your suggestions and local knowledge, just emailed a cottage that promises Free Wifi and 3D TV WOW

steve_p
    steve_p  81096 forum posts England
    3 Mar 2013 - 8:57 PM

I live in Bewdley, on the edge of the Wyre Forest. It's about 40 minutes from Dudley ( southwards). There's the The Severn Valley Railway which runs from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth in Shropshire. Lots of nice steam train shots etc. Bewdley itself is a lovely Georgian town on the banks of the River Severn.

teabelly
    5 Mar 2013 - 8:16 PM

Hi Steve, just googled Bewdley and what a pretty town how lucky are you! I shall add it to my list of places I must visit.

Thank you very much for your suggestion and if you see a strange lass with a camera next week it could be me!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.