Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Advice please re Foliopic

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 8329 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jul 2012 - 11:02 AM

Sincere apologies if this sort of query has already been covered somewhere else.

A year into retirement and I still haven't done what I always said I would do - set up my own website, hopefully with a view to selling the odd image.

A quick look at this forum suggests that Foliopic could be the way to go. I hope it's relatively simple to set up, because, never having done anything like this before, I'm totally clueless.

Basically, I just want to be able to display what I consider to be my best images (based on what people seem to like) in the most attractive way possible, and to be able to sell these should anyone be interested in buying. I realise that I would be joining the ranks of thousands of other hopefuls but you never know............ In any event, I need to find a purpose to my photography beyond merely uploading images to the Gallery on a regular basis, and having my own website may just provide that. But I really don't know how or where to start - hence the request for advice.

I have loads of other questions re, eg, file sizes (are these different from Gallery sizes); format; best pricing option; copyright; prevention of on-line 'piracy' (watermarks?); and so on. But I guess I'd need to research that separately.

Thanks for looking at this, and look forward to hearing from anyone interested.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Jul 2012 - 11:02 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jul 2012 - 11:19 AM

What we tried to do is make it easy to use, but fully customisable for those who know a bit about HTML and CSS but don't have a clue about databases. So users can design a totally unique site and let our code pull it all together. This does make the whole interface seem complex, at first glance. But for those who just want an easy method, and that sounds like you at present, you can create a site using one of the templates, and add photos to the gallery really quickly. You can also link the site to your ePHOT)zine profile so when uploading photos you can make them for sale in the gallery.
    There's lots of features and several help videos showing how to get started.
    We're also available to help through the foliopic admin support feature. And the price of some of the packages includes e2 membership so that's a considerable saving. u.

KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 8329 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jul 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks Pete, I was hoping to get a reply from you, as Foliopic seems to be your 'baby'!

I'll maybe go for the trial and see how i get on.

Cheers.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.